Therapy?

"I still don't understand why you wanted me to come to therapy with you," I said.

"You will when we get there."

"This is weird."

"What? You don't have a therapist?" Alex asked surprised.

"Why would I have a therapist? There's nothing wrong with me."

"I don't know, I just assumed you did because pretty much everyone out here does."

"Interesting." I watch as we pull up to a red brick building that looked like a home. There were a few steps to the front door and the scenery held many trees. It felt very nice and calming. Alex knocked on the door and we waited while the cool breeze made a small sound to our ears. The door opened revealing a young man that looked around Alex's age. He had dark hair and very light brown eyes.

"Please come in," he said with a smile.

He was taller than Alex. Very handsome. The inside of the home was gave off a very homey vibe. It's was rustic and charming. We all sat down beside a large window that overlooked a beautiful rose garden.

"Jack, this is Ana. Ana this is Jack Grieving, my shrink." Alex introduced.

This was his shrink? I thought he was going to be much older and with at least strands of grey in his hair.

He smiled and stuck his hand out. "It's finally so nice to meet the woman who strangely has helped my patient more than I."

"I've helped him?" I asked.

"Yes, and a great deal," Jack replied.

"How so?" I asked confused. I honestly didn't know he had problems. What were his problems anyways?

"Are you aware that Alex struggled with nightmares and this issue where he couldn't feel pain?"

What the hell? "Umm I remember he had a nightmare when we first met but I didn't think he struggled with it."

"It's because you made it better Ana," Jack continued.

"I didn't do anything?"

"Your presence simply made him more calm."

"What did you mean when you said he couldn't feel pain?"

"It's a very complicated illness where a person cannot feel any type of pain emotionally or physically. It can be very damaging to a patients health because sometimes a patient will try to enforce any type of pain they can on themselves just to try to feel."

I looked over at Alex and felt bad that I didn't know these things about him. "Wow, I'm at a loss for words."

"I just wanted you know how much you've helped me Ana, even if you didn't know you were," Alex stated calmly.

I give him a soft smile. "You've helped me too."

"And you still want out?"

I look over at Dr. Grieving who was taking notes.

"Jack knows about the contract and everything else," Alex says.

Of course he does. They're probably best buds. "You know how I feel about it Alex."

"If I may, could I ask you a question Ana?" Dr. Grieving asked.

"Sure," I say while looking over at him.

"What are you afraid of?"

What a strange question. "Snakes, mice, spide-," I started.

"No I mean are you afraid of anything emotionally?"

I give him a weird look. "Um emotionally? No."

"I think you might be lying to yourself."

"What?" I look over at Alex and he just shrugged.

"Are you sure you're not afraid of anything emotionally?"

"You obviously think I am."

"You're correct, I do."

"Like what? What would I have to be afraid of?"

"Honestly?"

I nodded. "Of course, I'm curious."

"I think you're afraid to lose and your afraid to feel sadness."

"That's ridiculous. I've been sad plenty of times."

"Tell me. Why were you so quick to leave Alex when you heard the news?"

"I didn't leave. Yet."

"You're afraid."

"I'm not afraid."

"You think it's easier to leave everything behind and save yourself the possibility of heartbreak."

I don't say anything.

"It scares you, that Alex possibly has a child with another woman and you don't know if you can accept it."

I let what he says sink into my mind.

"Most of all, you're scared you'll lose him and it would just be easier if you left."

I take in a breath. "I just don't want to get caught up in the drama. I told Alex that I want a firm decision before I stay with him."

"Totally understandable, but you might have a ghosts you need to workout yourself."

"I've always had ghosts."

"You should work them out before letting them takeover your life."

"They haven't affected my life."

"Have you ever wondered why it's so hard for you to open up to people and trust?"

"Because a lot of people are untrustworthy and what I do is none of their business."

"Or maybe it's because of the the loss and sadness it could potentially cause if you were to do those things."

I knew he was right because I already knew these things about myself. "Honestly, I already knew all these things about myself."

"If you know, then why don't you try to work it out?"

"What's the point?"

"To create heathy and stable relationships. I can see Alex has helped you some in this area."

I look over to him. "You're right, he has." Alex looked a little surprised to hear this. We stayed at Jack's for about an hour before he Alex invited him to have Lunch with us.

I climbed into the limo with Alex behind me. Jack said he had an errand to run so he would take his own car.

"What do you think of Jack Ana?"

I shrug. "He's fine I guess."

"Did he make you too uncomfortable?"

I smile. "No it's alright. I guess now everything is out in the open."

"It's what I wanted."

The wheels in my brain started turning and I finally felt like asking the dreadful question that would influence my decision. "Would you give it all up for me?"

"Give what up?"

"Your company." Silence. That's what I thought. "You're father will only give it to you if you marry Ainsley."

"That is what he said," Alex stated while sighing.

"You still have a place in your heart for her. Don't you?" I looked at him.

"No."

My eyes seemed a little watery. "You just lied to me Alex." He didn't respond but he broke my gaze. "Okay then."

"You know I love you."

"Sometimes love isn't enough," I say while a few years escape my eyes.