By Blood

"This is insane," I say.

"Lets go to my father's office," Simone stated.

"What? No way!" I protested.

"You don't want to know?"

I debated with myself. It really wouldn't change anything for me. My mom was already gone. "Not particularly."

"We could be sisters Ana. Aren't you even a bit curious."

"Fine. Let's go."

Simone led the way to her fathers office and my heart was thumping. This was crazy. As we entered Aiden's office I saw him staring at his computer.

"Dad," Simone greeted.

He looked up at us. "Simone, Ana, what are you two doing here?"

"I have a question for you. Did you know Ana was Gwen Evan's daughter?"

Aiden looked shocked. He didn't reply right away. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Yes."

What? How can this be? "How did you know my mom?" I blurt out.

Aiden got up and moved to a black couch and gestured for us to join him. Simone and I sat in front of him and waited for his reply.

"I was married to her, but we divorced a couple years later."

"So Simone and I are really sisters?" I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to think or say.

"You're my daughter Ana," Aiden stated.

"What?"

"I'm your biological father."

"No. Josh Evans was."

"It's on your birth certificate."

I looked over at Simone who looked as confused as I did. "You're not my dad."

"I'll have a DNA test sent over to you."

I suddenly felt angry. "Then why didn't you reach out to me at all?"

"Your mother didn't want me to interfere with your life."

"So what? My mom got me and you got Simone?"

"When your mom left, she only took you."

I felt kind of bad for Simone. "But she died and you still didn't reach out."

"I didn't know where you were. And when I found out you had moved to New York I made an arrangement with Alex-,"

I held up a hand. "Wait what does Alex have to do with this?"

"The staged marriage was my idea."

What the hell? Did Alex know Aiden was my dad? "Why?"

"Alex could provide you with everything you need."

My head was everywhere. Alex had know about this all along. The job position I applied for wasn't even actually real! No wonder he didn't ask me any damn questions during the interview. He knew. "I can't believe this."

"I only wanted for you to be happy."

"I'm capable of finding my own happiness. What I don't understand is that you could've reached out to me instead of Alex."

"I didn't think you would believe me if I said I was and I figured you would most likely hate me."

What Aiden said probably would've been true but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I figured that I would kind of ease into your life first before telling you," Aiden explained.

"I think I need some time to process this," I said while getting up.