Chapter 5: His Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

"How are you?" She initiated the conversation. They both didn't look at each other but the floor.

"If it's about dad, I'm fine." He wasn't sure if he needed to continue but chose to keep quiet.

"You know I love you and I'm always be here for you. Why didn't you tell me about you and Bobby?" She glanced at him for 3 seconds and returned her gaze in front.

"I thought you'd react like what father did. I didn't know if you'd accept me." He explained with a soft voice.

Junhoe might look bold and strong outside, but he's always gentle and carefree inside. He became a younger brother that he was to his sister though he didn't always show his affection towards her, he knew he loved his sister just as much as she loved him.

"I might be surprised at first, yes. Who wouldn't? But you're my brother. Whatever your identity is I will try to understand and accept it." She said and held his hand. Junhoe looked at their hands together. He didn't withdraw his hand from hers because in a way, it comforted him.

"I will never judge you for liking Bobby or whoever you like, be it a girl or a man. If he or she makes you happy, that's what matters to me. I'm your sister and your happiness comes first more than anything to me."

Yejin tightened her hold on Junhoe's hand which made his tears to well up. He never thought he'd hear these words from her sister who he never said affectionate things like, ' I love you ' or didn't even allow her to touch him. He didn't realize how he would be consoled by it.

"I'm sorry." This was all he could afford to say. He truly felt sorry for her sister for being not a good brother to her most of the time.

"I know. It was very hard for you to tell anyone about it. But I really wished you told me. You could have trusted your sister at least." Yejin's voice softened. Junhoe felt bad towards his sister even more.

A lone tear dropped from his eye. He looked away to brush any traces from that before holding his sister's hand this time.

"I should have told you. I would have known what to do."

"You can tell me everything, Junhoe-ya. No secrets anymore."

Junhoe nodded which made his sister smile at last.

"Where have you been for 2 weeks?" She asked.

This time, he decided to open everything to his sister. She's the only one he could talk to about this.

He told Yejin everything – from how everything between him and Bobby started to him ending in Jinhwan's place, except his attempt to drown himself. He didn't want cause anymore worry to his sister. It could be his little secret that was better not to be told.

"So, have you talked to Bobby?" Junhoe only shook his head as a reply.

"I don't want to talk to him or even see him again, Noona. I don't think I'm ready. I was really hurt and it still hurts." He confessed.

"I understand. But, you know... You'll have to talk about it. He is still your best friend."

Junhoe leaned down to lie on his back with his hands as his pillow. Yejin turned his head to look at him now staring at the ceiling.

"He WAS my best friend. Best friends don't hurt each other or push one off the cliff alone. They should jump together. It hurts so much because he WAS my best friend but he was so selfish." Yejin could feel Junhoe's pain.

"Maybe he has his own reasons. You should at least listen to what he has to say."

"Noona, aren't you listening earlier? He said our relationship was just a stupid desire. If he thought of it like that why did he even wasted his time to fool around with me? He didn't bother telling me about his wedding when he had all the chances to do it. He just want himself out from trouble even if that means he needed to push me off the cliff. He only saved himself. I would never do that to him which makes me angrier at myself." Junhoe looked to his side to hide how mad he was.