XXXIX

A/N: it's five thirty in the morning, I literally stayed up all night studying. Also I have to catch a train in an hour. But I just needed to update cuz I made you guys wait long enough. So please enjoy!

Adrien Jacobs' hand was firmly intertwined with his wife's as they walked into the police station the next morning. They were being escorted to the interrogation room by two police officers. Jordan looked up from his research and locked eyes with him. Adrien nodded almost imperceptibly in acknowledgement. Jordan proceeded to observe the wife and was surprised to find a look of genuine concern across her face. He didn't take his eyes off the pair until they disappeared out of his sight.

A hand suddenly slammed against his desk, cutting his train of thoughts.

Jordan looked up at Marcus. "What?"

"What?" his partner scoffed, a hint of anger and something equally as dark clouding his features. "Wanna explain to me what Jacobs is doing here?"

"I don't know. Isn't that why he's being interrogated?"

"Cut the bullshit, Moore. What the hell were you thinking?"

"I was thinking he's the biological father of my sister, he has a right to know." Jordan reclined against his chair and rubbed the back of his neck, trying to work out the bundle of taut muscles. "And with his criminal history - I just put two and two together."

"So you barge into his house without any kind of valid evidence?"

Jordan's seething frustration was shown through his darkened eyes. "Noah recognized one of the kidnappers, he told me he saw them at his house. You tell me that's not enough evidence?"

"You stick to the protocol. You didn't even have a search warrant."

"Fuck protocol," he retorted. " And you know how long it takes to get that stupid piece of paper. We're running out of time. I just took matters into my own hands."

"Oh I saw that." Marcus shook his head in dismay. "You know what else I saw? Those bruises around his throat. What's up with that?"

Jordan clenched his jaw. "Things got a little out of control. And for your information, that wasn't me, Tristan went overboard and -"

"You took your brother on a police investigation?" Marcus was at a loss for words. "What is the matter with you?"

"Now's really not the time to play by the rules, Marcus," he grumbled. "And I didn't go there as a cop, I went there as a brother whose sister is kidnapped."

Marcus was still in disbelief. "Jacobs can file a complaint, you could lose your fucking job."

As if Jordan gave a shit about his job right now. He had more important things on his mind, his sister was still missing. If he risked being fired trying to find her, than he would be happy to turn in his badge. At this point he was even willing to sacrifice his own life for her.