Chapter 5: Ros

Chapter 5: Ros

It was hot. No, it was burning. Where am I? Why can't I see? Am I blind?

"Mom?" I tried to call for her. No answer. I continued to walk. Am i even walking? I don't know. I'm freaking out already. 

"My dear Ariel...Welcome to helllllll......." I heard Nathan's whisper. I'm relieved; at least there is someone I knew. Wait! What did he say? 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh......." I shouted and finally managed to open my eyes. My room...yes, I’m in my room. What the..... I was dreaming again. It seems like Nathan is my worst nightmare. I acted brave in front of him. But actually I'm not as brave as I look. 

Ariel's Wisdom No 2: Never show your weakness to your enemy.

 I'm in my room, spending my last moment here. I've packed all my stuff, about four boxes and two luggages. 

I looked around the room. I let my tears roll down my cheeks. Never came across my mind that I will be leaving this place so soon.

I wiped my tears. It's okay. I'll be fine, right?

"Ariel, we need to leave now!" mom shouted from downstairs. I grabbed my sling back and walked out of the house. I saw mom and Nathan already in the car. And a minivan behind them with all our stuff, luggage and boxes only.

I wonder what will happen to the furniture and other stuff. Wonder what will happen to our house. I never asked mom about all those things.

I walked towards the car. Before i entered the car, I turned back to see our house one last time. I'm seriously going to regret leaving the house and also this town. 

Yesterday, Sarah and I spend most of the time in school hugging and crying. I promised Sarah to email her whenever I'm free. I've also promised myself not to ask mom where we are going.

I'm kind of angry with her. I'm her daughter and i have all the rights to be included in the decision making. I'm 17 years old and soon to be 18. Why can't she ask my opinion at least?

But, I really wanted to know where we are going? Errgghhh... Cracking my head. I knew that it was the same town that mom and dad used to live before they had me.

Wait that means it’s the same place their friends and family live, right? Mom never contacted her family before. Same goes to dad. 

The car stopped. I looked around and realized that we were at a very huge empty place. Mom and Nathan got out of the car. I followed them. When I realized there was a small plane in front of the car, my jaw literally dropped.

A private plane? Really? Is Nathan that rich? I looked around searching for that evil guy. Where did he go?   

"What, Ariel? What are you searching for?" mom asked. She looked happy.

"Where are we? And that?" I asked and pointed at the plane.

"Isn't it obvious? It’s a plane, Ariel. We are leaving by boarding that plane," she laughed at me. 

"I know. But, whose plane is that?" 

"Don't worry dear, it’s a private plane belongs to Nathan's company. This way is faster. We will be there in few hours only," she ended her conversation with a worried look. 

"Mom, are you ok? I mean, we are going back to your...." I was interrupted by Nathan.

"Hello ladies. It’s all settled. Let’s go." he shouted. 

Mom and I just followed him into the plane. It took off after a while. I took my seat and looked out through the window. The scenery outside getting smaller and smaller, so do my vision. I felt asleep.