Chapter 8: Moment In Time

Kiara POV

_____________________________________________

I wish I had words to explain the pain I was experiencing. Me and Camille were the only two left in the house while the other ladies went to get my food and bring it back.

Seemed like they were taking forever and I couldn't take it. I was seconds away from just having Camille just take me to the hospital anyway.

"Relax Kiara." Camille said as she fanned me.

"Camille, I love you girl...I really do...but I want to punch you in the face right now. Don't tell me to relax, don't tell me breathe, don't tell me anything, get my food and leave me alone."

"So feisty, this is what labor turns you into?"

I rolled my eyes, she was irritating me. I felt like Malachi was trying to claw his way out and it was so painful.

"The ladies finally came back." Camille stood up and looked out the window.

"Get my food so we can leave, I'm ready to go." I leaned up.

I felt sweat droplets forming on my forehead soon as Camille stopped fanning me and went to retrieve my food.

I went to stand up and I felt water drip down my legs. I looked down and seen a wet spot on the carpet floor. That wasn't a good sign at all.

Camille walked back into the room. "I got your food- OH MY GOD!" She rushed over to me.

"We have to get you to the hospital now!" she said grabbing my arm.

Rest of the ladies entered and immediately starting helping.

Tory and Karley assisted me to the car while Camille grabbed all the important thing, including my food.

We rushed to the hospital, when we arrived the nurses took it from there.

They quickly got me situated in a room and told me that my doctor would be in shortly to check to see how dilated I was. In the mean time I started eating.

I honestly didn't want to give birth without Khy being here. I wanted him to be there holding my hand, coaching through it all. I mean I had my girls and they were great and all but I wanted Khy.

"Where's my phone, I searched the tables scanning for my phone."

Megan handed it to me "My bad girl."

I took and and looked to see if it was any missing calls from Khy. 

None.

I started to worry because I knew at any moment they were going to start preparing me to push if I was dilated enough.

I dialed Khy's number and waiting for him to answer.

"Hey Baby, I'm on my way. Plane just landed and I'm heading to get a cab."

"I'll get Camille to get you."

Camille gave me a crazy look as if she couldn't believe I offered her services. I eyed her back to notify her that today wasn't the day to be having a pity party.

She nodded her head and grabbed her bags and left.

"Alright well I'm on the south gate, uh 5 I think?"

"She's on her way."

"Okay, hang in there."

"I'm trying."

Then I hung up. The nurse came back in, but without the doctor.

"The doctor will be here with you soon but he told me to check to see how far along you are." she sat in from of my bed, placing gloves on her hands.