Chapter 19

They're sitting around a table. Zayn is laying on top of it, slowly growing stiff. They had managed to escape, which they aren't sure how since they were being surrounded.

The only sounds are from Niall and Liam who are sobbing and choking on their spit and Niall keeps cursing and Liam is blaming himself for everything and how he wishes he were dead instead of Zayn. Zayn's hand is cold, and he's paling and his body is hard and Liam wishes he could feel his pulse but he can't because Zayn is no longer here with him.

"I thought you could save him?" Liam manages to choke out, his vision is blurring from all the tears falling from his eyes and his foot is still aching which Harry tells him it'll hurt for a few days, and then he'll get used to it.

"I can," Louis nods, "but, we'll have to do it soon or it'll be to late."

Louis and Harry exchange a glance.

"Do it. Please." Liam begs. 

Louis doesn't say anything, he only steps up to Zayn and places a hand on his chest, right where his heart is. Liam isn't sure what he was expecting. Maybe he was expecting a huge light and loud noises, or even Louis chanting something. Okay, maybe he had watched too many movies. 

But, a light glow comes from Louis' hand and enters Zayn's body. And then Louis steps back, sitting down next to Harry again. 

"That's it?" Niall asks.

"That's it." Louis confirms, nodding his head as he stares at Zayn.

"Well?" Liam urges, scrambling to his feet.

"It might take a few minutes, or even hours. He hasn't been dead long, which is a good thing. If he had been dead longer than he was, it might not have worked." 

"But, you're sure it worked?" Liam asks. 

"I'm positive. You just need to be patient." 

"How...How did you do that?" Niall suddenly asks, his eyes wide as he stares at Louis. "I thought you were human?!" 

"Quite the opposite, actually." Harry speaks up. "But, he had good reason -"

"Don't give me that bullshit, Harry! He could have told me. I'm his mate for fuck-sake's. I didn't care when I found out you were a God. By the way, it's your kind who is attacking us, what are you planning to do about that?" 

Harry's jaw clenches, "They might be my kind but I am not like them."

"I never said you were." 

Harry doesn't say anything. 

"So Mr. Almighty God, what is Louis exactly? Is he like you?" Niall snaps, his face turning red even though he's trying to stay calm as possible. 

"No, he's the opposite of me." Harry looks at Liam, "That's why Liam would have never stood a chance against Louis. That's why we weren't worried if Liam came after him." 

Liam looks down, he already knew what Louis was. He knew he would fail. 

"Niall, Louis is dangerous." Liam says, "he's the fucking Devil." 

Everyone looks at Niall in surprise as he lets out a loud laugh. He laughs so hard his sides start to ache and tears spill from his eyes. 

"This is so great! You three are all in on it. I bet Zayn isn't even really dead! You guys can stop with your prank now. You've fooled me!" He laughs, and laughs, and just fucking laughs. 

"C'mon, wheres the cameras? Why aren't you guys laughing? Are you upset I ruined your plan?" 

"We aren't joking, Niall. The Fallen Gods are after us. They want to destory Earth, and then move on to the next planet. They think of us as the dirt on their shoes."

"First it was only the people with mates, and now its everyone on this planet? How do you expect me to believe you when you say things like that?" 

"You don't have to believe us, but it's true. But if you don't believe us, you'll die." Harry spits, causing Louis to turn to him in anger. 

"Niall won't die. I told you I would kill anyone for him." 

"We were given false information." Liam suddenly says, turning to Niall. "They didn't want anyone finding out their real motives but some people did and it got out." 

"I can't trust anyone anymore." Niall says to himself. And truth be told, Niall was scared for his life. 

--

If anyone is still confused please let me know so I can clear it up. 

That's if anyone is still reading this. 

I am so so so so so sorry for taking the longest time to update. I almost gave up completely on this story but I don't want to do that. Updates should be quicker now. They shouldn't take a months time (hopefully)

Please forgive me :(

Oh yesss Zayn isn't the one who died..so who? ;)))