Chapter 8

Liam knew when things were going to get bad, - well most of the time. He knew when to say no, or walk away from situations. But how could he walk away from a situation like this, - a situation that would save a life and end a life.

Ending a life of Louis William Tomlinson that is. Oh how he hated the boy with every being inside his body. How he wishes he were dead, rotting away at the bottom of the ocean. Of course the Gods and Goddesses would pair him up with Niall, - his best friend. What did Niall do so wrong that he would have to pay the price with a soul mate like Louis? And then Liam had his own soul mate to worry about. They would go after his if he were to say no, or mess up. He could never lose his soul mate. He would gladly kill Louis in order to save Zayn.

So lying he did in order to get Niall and Zayn off his back, of course it didn't work. Liam was always known as a bad liar, he gave it away by his body motions. Those retched people would put their mark on his arm where it was visible to the world, instead on his back, and unluckily for him Niall saw the mark.

The mark of the Fallen Ones.

--

Niall started his morning off just like every morning. He rushed around trying to dry his hair after a warm shower, and throw on the first pair of clothing he found as he brushed his teeth. He always had music playing through the speakers on his phone, and it was always some hip hop playing so he could dance his hips away. Of course his father would bang on the door to his room, screaming to turn off that ruckus, making Niall turn it up even louder. Eventually his father gave up.

He and Zayn both established Liam had a secret, and it was a pretty big secret if even Liam was keeping it from Zayn. It had been on Niall's mind the past few days, always finding its way back even after pushing it to the back. He had his own worries to think about. Like, who was after him that had Harry and Louis scared? Obviously they were really scary people if those two were scared.

"Niall! Your friend Harry is here to walk you to school!" His sister shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Niall didn't bother replying, only switched off the music and hurriedly through the house, and out the doors. He greeted Harry with a smile, and was pleasantly surprised to see Louis had joined them this morning.

"Louis, uh - hi." He stuttered out nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Louis gave him a slight nod, and the three began making their way to school.

Nobody said a word on the walk, but Louis did join Niall's side as Harry took the lead. He had a knowing smile on his face, something Niall wanted to know. Louis' hand brushed against Niall's a few times, before he gently grabbed it, and held it. The hand holding didn't last long, and Niall was extremely disappointed when Louis let go.

"I'll see you later, Niall!" Harry said, waving over his shoulder as he jogged off somewhere. Niall waved back, until he could no longer see Harry. He then turned to Louis.

Louis stared at him, curiosity etched into his eyes as he analyzed every bit of Niall's features, - something he did every time the two were together.

"Lou?" Niall whispers, nervously playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Hmm?" He hums, snapping out of his gaze as he focuses back on Niall's face.

"Everything okay? You keep staring at me."

"I was just thinking how beautiful you are." Louis says, grinning cheekily at Niall whose face lights up like fireworks.

"Oh." He mumbles, bringing his gaze to the ground as Louis chuckles.

Unknown to them both, somewhere hidden in the trees an angry faced Liam watches. He couldn't wait for the day he was to bring Louis down. His fists were clenched at his sides, and he thought about bringing them up to swipe at the tree he stood next too, but that would just mean more lies he would have to share. He didn't want to answer to why he punched a tree.

Liam heard his name being called, snapping him out of his thoughts as he brought his gaze up, and quickly circled around the parking lot. He saw no one who would call for him. He quickly turned around, and only ten feet away a boy stood in a dark velvet purple robe. The hood covered his head, and Liam couldn't see his face since he looked to the ground.

"I came to bring this letter to you, Liam." The boy spoke, his voice low and calm. Liam shakily walked closer, and took the letter from his out stretched hand, and tore into it. He read the letter over and over again. He was confused, the letter didn't make any sense.

He quickly looked up, but the boy was no longer there. A frowned etched his way onto his face as he brought his gaze back down to the letter.

7 days

Those two letters left him confused, but soon realization dawned on him. He had a week to rid of Louis, or his own mate was to die.

--

Boom. Yep, that just happened and things are starting to get heated.

A lot, almost all, of you guessed right. Liam did join with the enemy.

The Fallen Ones, - why do you think they are called that? Who do you think they are? (other then the enemy of course)