Chapter 10

Niall's lips press into a tight line as he stares at Louis. Was he serious right now? He was just messing with his head.

"You're telling me... Harry is an Angel? Thats ridiculous." He snorts, crossing his arms.

"Niall, I would never lie to you!" He raises his voice, taking a step closer to Niall. "Harry can help us. He has powers, just like them!"

"Why should I believe you?" He asks, stepping away from Louis, only to press against the wall.

"Because without Harry, you'll probably die! I'm only human, I can't... I can't face them like Harry can." Louis' voice lowers, and his eyes cast down to the ground. "I can't lose you.." He whispers, but Niall doesn't hear as the bell rings over them.

"Shit." Niall curses, running his hand down the side of his face. "You made me miss lunch." He turns, facing the door. He's about to unlock it, when he feels a body press against his back and a hand over his shoulder, holding the door close.

"You need to think about it Niall... Its a case of life and death."

--

Liam breaths deeply as his muscles flex, aching from working to hard. He was training; they were making him train. They thought Liam was lanky, and didn't have enough muscle on his bones. He was too skinny, and weak. They needed him strong. Even though he was only putting a bullet through Louis' head, they thought he would be good for other missions. As long as Zayn was in danger, Liam would do anything for them.

Too bad he didn't know Zayn was going to die, anyway.

--

Later that night Niall received a call from Zayn. It wasn't like him to call so late. It was almost midnight; Zayn was usually asleep by now. Zayn cared about his grades and getting up early to make sure he wasn't missing anything or his homework was complete. So, Niall was confused.

"Hello, Zayn?" He asks, his voice showing his confusion.

All he heard from the other end was crying, and strangled words.

"Zayn. Zayn, mate, what's wrong?" Niall questions, feeling worry creep up.

"N-n-Niall." He stutters out, making Niall scrunch his brows together.

"Zayn. What happened?" He demands, sitting up in bed now. He hears Zayn take a deep breathe, and exhale.

"Its Liam." His voice is croaky, but he can finally get out complete sentences. "He.. He left me, Niall... He broke up with me. I.. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I even did." He whispers, trying not to cry again.

"He what?!" Yells Niall. Rage engulfs Niall, his fists clenching together. "Why would he do that?!"

He hears crying on the end of the phone again, and Niall tries to calm down for his best friend.

"I'm coming over. I'll be right over." Niall doesn't wait for a reply, just simply hangs up and quickly throws on warm clothing.

--

Its cold outside, and the wind is blowing harshly. Niall didn't bother to grab a jacket, he was angry and his body felt hot when he left. But he was starting to regret not grabbing a jacket. He felt uneasy, as if someone was watching him. He didn't want to look over his shoulder to confirm his suspicion though. He didn't hear anything, it was only him and his thoughts, but he still couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling of being watched.

He rubs his arms as a chill creeps up his back, and he lets out a low sigh. Why couldn't Zayn live closer? He quickens his pace, all while cursing how stupid he was for leaving his phone at home so he couldn't listen to music or use the flashlight on his phone.

He stumbles, the sidewalk was risen and nobody had bothered to fix it, and loses his footing. He lands face first on the concrete, his face immediately stinging.

"Shit." He curses, laying still for a minute. Finally, he quickly gets up, and begins to walk again. His walking turns to jogging, and then he's sprinting down the road, turning corners, until he finally arrives to Zayn's house.

He lets out a sigh, and waits until his breathing is calm before knocking. He finally turns around, and he freezes when he sees a sleek black car in front of Zayn's house. He's positive it wasn't there before.

He doesn't move when the door opens, or when Zayn calls for him. He doesn't move until the car finally drives off, and he's pulled into the house by Zayn.