Chapter 3

Yoongi sighed, a mixture of a kind of lost and hopeful feeling swirling around his chest when his phone lit up.

Yoongi: Hoseokie?

Hoseok: Hyungie! Sorry, you told me to tell you when I got home safe and well, I'm home safe!

Yoongi: *chuckling* You know you could have just texted me that, you didn't have to call.

Hoseok: I know *shrugs* I just wanted it to be more personable?

Yoongi: Nice save.

Hoseok: Ugh, you're really going to make me say it, aren't you?

Yoongi: I'm not making you do anything. But I would like to hear your reasoning as to why you're calling and not just texting me right now. *smirks*

Hoseok: Well now I'm just regretting it. Goodnight hyung-

Yoongi: Wait! Wait I was just kidding, I'm really happy that you called. But it's been awhile, did you just get home?

Hoseok: Ah, yeah. I live kind of far away from your studio and well, your general area of living, so my apartment is a bit aways from the city. But if the showcase goes well next month, then hopefully I'll get the promotion at the studio which means I'll be able to move in with my friends who actually live pretty close to your studio.

Yoongi: Oh, the ones you dance with?

Hoseok: Yep! The little rascals. They keep telling me to move in with them anyway, but they live in a pretty nice part of town and I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to pay my share of rent and still be able to eat.

Yoongi: Will you still cuddle once you get the promotion?

Hoseok: Of course! Wait...do you mean cuddle in general? If so, then that's a definite yes. Nobody is safe from my hugs!

Yoongi: *smiles* Oh man, I hear people cowering in fear already.

Hoseok: Hehe, hugs are my super power after all! But I would quit the cuddling job, yeah. *hesitates* Or at least I would stop taking on new clients. By the way, hyungie, you're still at your studio?

Yoongi: Oh, yeah. I haven't left yet.

Hoseok: But it's so late! You're not going to stay the night there, are you?

Yoongi: Wouldn't be the first time, Hoseokie. But I was just about done anyway, I'll save some files we worked on today and then head home after the call.

Hoseok: *Giggling* You said we but Hyungie I didn't do anything.

Yoongi: *Shrugs* Moral support counts for something. It's not easy holding my hand all day, now is it?

Hoseok: Oh, the labor. What a hard world it is.

Yoongi: *Chuckles* You poor thing.

Hoseok: Hyungie, is there something on your mind?

Yoongi: Huh? No, why?

Hoseok: It's just that...ever since I called, you seem like there's something you're thinking about. Or maybe you're just distracted because you're tired. Wait- did you not want me to call-

Yoongi: No, no it's not that at all Hosoekie.

Hoseok: Ah-ha! So there is something on your mind!

Yoongi: Aish, okay, yes. There is something. But it's fine, we can talk about it some other time.

Hoseok: If there's something bothering you I want to know Hyung, I'm here for you. You said we're friends, right? I may not be able to do much to help but I can at least listen and share your burden.