CHAPTER SEVEN

My legs felt weak and it took me a while to get used to them again. When I got home, I sneaked into the house and immediately went to bed as I was exhausted from the previous day activities and I just wanted to have a good sleep before I started processing what I just discovered. I felt like I had not even slept for long when I heard my alarm clock ringing telling me it was time for school. I dragged myself to the bathroom for a shower and to brush my teeth.
Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I was surprised at what I saw. I looked beautiful, like drop dead gorgeous, like the kind of beauty you only see in fantasy movies or read about in novels. I could still tell it was me because the resemblance was still there and it was not like my features changed that much, my eyelashes were longer, my brows perfect, my eyes were as blue as the ocean during a storm, I looked taller and had more curves in the right places but those where not the weirdest things of all. What really surprised me was my hair, it was still blonde but now it fell down all the way to my legs just below my butt and it had blue and silver highlights. So, it was not just nearly white blonde again, it was all three colors mixed into one. On its own apart from my hair I could not really point out what was so different about me but it was like the aura around me became more enchanting, I can't explain it with words but that was how I felt. There is no way I could just say it was puberty, puberty does not turn one into a freaking goddess not even plastic surgery could do this.
'Ha!' I screamed in shock and frustration, how am I going to explain this to my parents, 'Hey mum and dad shocking story, you see I went to bed with normal hair and woke up like this. How on earth did it happen.' Yeah, nobody is going to buy that.
I decided to wear skinny jeans, a singlet and a sweat shirt with a hood to hide my hair. It succeeded with my parents and my dad just laughed at me thinking I was having a bad hair day. When I got to school, I tried to act a little sick so that Jane and Katie would not ask me too many questions about how I was dressed and it seemed to have worked. Nobody took notice of me and I was rolling on a low key, this lifted my spirit up and I felt things were not so bad until the bell rang and I went for homeroom.
Mrs. Rodriguez, my homeroom teacher entered the classroom and the moment she took one look at me she said, "Miss Blake, take off that hood, you know that it is not allowed in the classroom." I was so surprised I had forgotten about that rule. I tried to think of any excuse to tell her but she did not give me the time to do that. "Any time now Miss Blake, or do you need any help?"
I raised my hands slowly to take off the hood, trying to delay the inevitable. As soon as I took it off, I heard exclamations of shock from all corners of the room and all eyes rested on me. "Well, this is the first time I am seeing a hair like that and I have seen my fair share of students with their various monstrosities, if you are not comfortable with the hair style, you should not have done it then. I don't want to see you wearing that hood again or it will be confiscated." Mrs. Rodriguez said to me.
"Yes ma." I replied while moving in my seat to make myself look as small as possible. I could already hear whispered conversations from my classmates, "Wow, look at that hair, is it just me or does Chloe look hotter than normal."
I let out a sigh, there goes my plan to hide my hair until I could dye it and cut it by the end of the day.

I am so happy it's Friday today because I do not think I will be able to handle another day filled with judgmental looks, questions and gossip. All through the day, it was like the topic of the day for the whole school was discussing me. I managed to avoid the questions from Katie and Jane until lunch time.
We were seated in the cafeteria and Katie being her usual talkative self was the first to start the questions. "When did you dye your hair, why did you pick this color and what kind of extensions are you using? They look so real."
"Yesterday, I just wanted to add a few blue highlights to my hair but it's like I bought the wrong dye because it ended up looking like this. I was planning to hide it until I could dye it back to its natural color, and what kind of extensions are they again, I don't know how to answer that question, the hairdresser just did it for me."
"Well you don't have to change it, you look gorgeous. You are totally rocking this look." Katie practically squealed while she was bouncing in her seat. I let out a breath in relief since it seemed like the story I thought up worked, just when I was feeling relieved, I raised my head and saw Jane studying me.
Oh-Oh, I won't be able to trick her that easily, as I was thinking of what to do she said to me. "But it's not just your hair that is different, it's everything about you. It's like you hit puberty all over again, you are taller than us now, your skin is glowing and you have the body shape of a celebrity that either did surgery or is obsessed with working out and their body figure, we all know how you eat and how lazy you are, you are the least conscious of us about your body stature although you were not fat but now you are so different and it was like all this happened over night. If we should check pictures of your birthday three weeks ago, you were not like this."
I was shocked for a while, I did not know how to answer her until I decided to just deny everything because it is always best to play dumb when you do not have a good answer to give to somebody, "That's true, maybe I hit a sudden growth spurt or something, it's not like anybody can explain why they are tall or short. I always knew I was supposed to be more beautiful than you guys and I think God finally realized my potential." I said with a cocky attitude and a smile hoping to downplay the whole thing. "Yeah Jane, what kind of question is that, people grow every day and there is no explanation for that. We are still teenagers so it is not unusual to still grow, you should be happy for her, I have been working on my figure for years now by working out because I saw a video that exercise helps but alas God has not answered my prayers because I am still as flat as a board. Maybe I need to pray more." Katie said and we all laughed at her silliness.
"You are so silly, there is nothing wrong with how you look, apart from the hotness clique, you are among one of the most gorgeous girls in the school that all the guys are chasing after." Jane said while laughing, and like that I have safely avoided her curiosity, go me! I said to myself, I deserve an award for this performance. It is very difficult to slip anything past Jane, she is too smart for her own good.
"Let's hangout after school. How about going to the movies." I said while smiling. They both agreed and then Katie went on to tell me what the students were saying about me. Apparently, I am a prostitute now, some said I joined a cult and others a band while the most popular is, I am dating a college guy who is in a band. We laughed our heads off because of that one.