Chapter Sixteen - She's In Labour

Magsimula sa umpisa

Kayleigh Elliott

8:18AM

Okay, so I might have had a visitor last night...

Evie Pitchard

8:19AM

I swear to god if it was Josh I am going to punch him so hard in the dick that he will never be able to walk again!!

I snort at her text and find myself shaking my head.

Kayleigh Elliott

8:20AM

Not Josh, Kayden.

I told him about what happened with Josh though...

Evie Pitchard

8:20AM

OMG! What happened? Are you okay??

Kayleigh Elliott

8:21AM

Yeah I'm okay, I was a mess though. He took me to McDonald's to cheer me up. I honestly felt like my heart was going to fall out of my ass.

He even kissed me...

Evie Pitchard

8:22AM

Sweet Lord Jesus!! You are giving me the whole low down at 9 and I want every single detail

Kayleigh Elliott

8:22AM

Roger that.

I throw the covers off me and begin to get ready for the day. It was safe to say that I could already tell I was going to have a good day.

Everything felt doable.

It has been five days and I still haven't heard anything from Kayden.

Five bloody days.

He said that he would call me... I mean I could always call him. But he said he would call me.

Am I being too precious here?

A million scenarios run through my head.

Maybe he's decided that I'm just too much to handle. I have way too much baggage and it's long to get to know me. Even for a friendship.

Or maybe I'm just severely overthinking everything and making myself worse. I could always just send him a quick text and see what he was up to... or would that look desperate?

Jesus Christ, I felt like I was going crazy.

"Chill," I hear Ava beside me.

I force a smile to her. It was obvious that this was completely consuming my thoughts because my mind kept running off in a different direction.

I couldn't focus on anything for longer than a second. "Sorry," I apologise to Ava as we stop by some baby clothes. My fingers run along the tiny fabrics of baby grows and summer dresses.

"He's really busy at the moment, I'm sure he will call," Ava offers me a supportive smile.

I nod at her words. "I know, I know," I say quickly. "It's just not hard to send a text though is it?"