"Y'all out for tonight? I'm about to lock up." The security guard asked me and I nodded.

"Alright, y'all have a good night." He spoke before walking away.

I opened the passenger side door to my car and let Olive in before I walked around to get in myself.

"Can I go home and freshen up?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah." I told her, pulling off.

I watched as she got adjusted in her seat after putting her seatbelt on. She then looked out of the window as if she was in deep thought.

"Don't sit there and upset yourself." I warned.

"I'm trying to make it work, babygirl."

"It's not even just about you not having time though, Sage. Your family doesn't like me, how is this ever going to work?"

"How it's been working for the past two years, almost three."

"Why does their opinion matter anyway? This is about you and me." I went on.

"Because I plan on being married to you one day and having a family. I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life."

"So what are you saying, Olive?" I asked, fed up and she raised her eyebrows at me.

She scoffed, shaking her head and turning back toward the window.

"If you're trying to insinuate a break up, that's really fucked up." She finally responded.

"What are you talking about?"

"What you just said!" She snapped and I knew right then and there to stop responding because this shit was about to go to another level and I didn't feel like it. We'd be arguing all night.

A few minutes later, I pulled up to her house and she sat there for a moment.

"I see that you want to take the easy way out so I guess this is us breaking up." She finally said and I almost laughed at her dramatic ass but I kept my poker face.

I watched as she got out of the car and didn't look back.

"Olive." I called, rolling down the window.

She didn't respond, she just kept walking.

"Olive." I called again as she put her key into the front door then went inside.

Nodding my head, I turned my car off, got out and slammed my door. She knew I wasn't the type to just leave when we're mad or arguing, she knew that I was going to chase her.

Making my way to the front door, I knocked then waited.

"Hey, Sage." Ms. Mariello spoke, opening the door then pulling me in for a hug.

"What's going on with Olive?" She asked me.

"Throwing a fit as usual." I explained and she smiled, nodding.

"Go and get your crazy girlfriend." She pointed as I stepped into the house and made my way upstairs to Olive's room.

When I got up the stairs, I thought her room door would be locked but surprisingly it wasn't. I walked in and she was sitting on her bed with her head down.