~ Prologue ~

//One evening...//

Sawada Tsunayoshi's POV

"Reborn's spartan training really hasn't changed, even after all this time," a brunette had sighed heavily while walking back home slowly from the training grounds

"I feel sore all over... Man, I think its gotten worse ever since he declared to train me for the 'Neo-Primo' position." But not even a second after that thought... He had felt someone glaring him down.

"Dame-Tsuna! You better start running or I'll shoot you," Reborn hollered, whipping his gun out and pulling the trigger multiple times without hesitation.

'Oh god, why me." Tsuna thought to himself as he started running out of fear for his life.

Taking a quick left, an even faster right and clearing a shortcut in the alleyway that straight-up led back to one of the smaller junctions near his house, he stopped running and placed a hand on his chest; above where his heart should be. Closing his eyes, he let his mind wander as his heartbeat started to steady once more.

He should be far away from Reborn after all the running he did, but knowing for a fact that the infant hitman could be anywhere by now, he didn't let his guard down or hold too much hope of discretely getting back without a bullet put through his head.

Sighing, he continued marching on till he finally got back home. Feeling tired as he almost reached his residences, he decided to take a short rest outside before returning. The breeze tonight was quite cool after all.

Taking deep breaths to recuperate, he begun to walk again. That is until he suddenly realized that there had been someone trailing along behind him, their footsteps had been quiet, but noticeable. Pausing for a moment, he decided to run another round towards the other street just to be safe. If this person had really been following him; they could be dangerous.

In order to not alert the strange person behind him, he started with a slow jog again and eventually started to break into a run. Making sure to take a huge detour before circling back to his house.

At that point, there were no audible footsteps behind him anymore, but that was when he realized these strange splatters of rouge varying in color on the ground. The more he walked, the more darker in shade they had seemed to get; perhaps it was just an effect of the setting sun.

He really hopes it isn't what he thinks it is. 'It's probably just paint, don't be such a coward...' He had repeated to himself over and over again in his mind.

Slowly walking back and eventually coming to a halt, he realized that the sound was back, this time more slower and uneven compared to before. Taking a deep breath, he whipped his head back as quickly as he could, but to no avail couldn't find the culprit behind the creepy noise. It must've just been his imagination.