Darling? Did she just call me darling? She is at least 5 years younger than me.

I couldn't brush off the blonde's look.

I peeked out looking at the two beautiful models chatting in the living room. Their bodies were pieces of art, their faces clear and spotless.

I glared down at my phone just to see my reflection. My face was covered in light brown freckles, and of course I got a pimple on my chin from yesterday's drinking. I felt ugly and defeated just by being in one room with these perfect models who spent their night having fun with my perfect boss and suddenly I had no idea how I fit into this picture.

I was way down to self-pity when my phone snapped me out with a continuous buzz, 'Mom' glowing on the screen.

I sighed picking it up.

"Hey mom," I mumbled leaning to the wall with my left side picking on my nails.

"Avery, where the hell have you been? You never returned my call since your birthday. Don't tell me you didn't have any time in the last two days," she sounded more hurt than angry.

"I'm sorry mom," I sighed, "On my birthday I was so busy and yesterday... as well, we had the press conference, photo shoot, concert..."

"I know you are busy I just wanted to... say happy birthday and that I miss you. We all do."

"I miss you too, mum," I said as I looked towards the living room where Jared appeared in only sweatpants and messy hair and the girls smiled at him.

"Anyway, how was your birthday? Had any time to celebrate? I hope the guys at least carved out some time for you," she said with dislike in her voice.

She wasn't really the fan of... anything about my job, including my "boss".

I didn't want to make her feel bad for me or worry about me; she did that for way too long.

"Yeah, mom. They did," I answered shortly.

At some point I just started telling little lies to make her feel happy.

"Oh," she stopped surprised. "Great! What you did? You went somewhere or got something?" she asked.

I pressed my lips watching Jared throwing his arms around the girls' shoulders and kissed their cheeks, then he said something and the girls laughed as Jared smirked ever so knowingly.

I always wondered how it would feel like to be adored by people... to be so pretty that rockstars would invite you to their parties in hope for a night together... To be so beautiful that you don't have to work a day in your life; you get everything and more. To be someone a beautiful man like Jared notices.

I sighed looking up to the ceiling.

"Yes, umm... they brought me gifts and we had some champagne... got some flowers," lied.

"That is nice of them. Good to hear that you talking to Jared finally reached his brain," she said and I just tucked on the bottom of my over sized jumper uncomfortably.

My mom thinks I took her advice and talked to Jared about him asking too much from me.

"Well," she continued, "I let you go, but hope to hear from you once you are back home. Happy birthday once again, I am happy you had some fun."

I felt tears stinging my eyes as I just hung up.

I looked down biting my lips then up again seeing Jared walking to the door with the now dressed up girls.

"But... oh, I ordered coffee..." turned Tatia back as Jared gently kept his palm on her back.

The blonde already opened the door and the room service was already there.