"Yeahhh about that." I grabbed my water and sipped from my straw, giving them the look that us women give for tea.

They both gasped. "Faith you did it?!" Alexis said. I covered my face to hide my blush and smile. "Awww our little baby lost her card. She's growing up." She said to Vanessa.

"About time! I know it hurt like a bitch with how long you were holding out." She laughed at me. "Okay so who's the guy? I know it's not a random and where's your ring?"

They know all about my commitment on waiting til marriage. I was real adamant about that until I fell in love. Love will make you alter your decisions sometimes. I didn't keep my promise, but I don't regret it at all.

"Alright so I didn't follow through with my plan, but I am in a committed relationship."

"With? How come we never met him?" Alexis asked.

I shrugged. "We like keeping our relationship on the low."

"He might have a secret family, sis. You better watch that." Nessa said and took a sip of her drink.

"He does not." I laughed. "It's just the two of us and his daughter."

"Daughter?! This nigga got a kid? Whew he got him a real one. I could never." She sipped on her drink.

"It's really not bad. She loves me and I love her like my own."

"Aww that's so cute. Has he posted you?" Alexis asked. I nodded. "Well that's nice. Do you have a picture we can see?"

"You can go on his page and look for yourself, if you want." I shrugged.

"Bet. What's his name?" Vanessa was quick to pull her phone out. "Let me see who turned my sis out."

"Dave East." I spoke casually.

"Dave East?! As in the rapper?" I nodded my head. "Perfect, Dave East?" I nodded again. "The nigga from Harlem, Dave East?"

"Yes Vanessa." I laughed.

"Y'all cute or whatever." She put her phone back down. "I don't even need to see y'all side by side to know." She nodded in approval.

"You got you a rapper. I always thought you'd be with a business man. One of them boujee ass niggas." Alexis laughed and said.

"He is a business man. He's not just a rapper." I laughed, defending him and myself. "He is a little grungier than what I thought I would go for, but he's amazing....when he wants to be." I mumbled the last part and rolled my eyes.

"Oou bitch what he do? Cause he not bout to play my sis. Period. We may be from the same city, but I got some shooters that wouldn't mind running up on him." Vanessa sat up in her seat.

"Yeah what's wrong Faithy? I can tell you're bothered by something." Alexis spoke calmly to me.

I sighed and pouted. "Him and I- we're on the outs right now. We got into an argument about two weeks ago and we haven't really spoken since I told him to get out of my apartment."

"Do you want to tell us about it? You don't have to." She said and Nessa nodded. We're all on the same page when it comes to relationships and our business.

"It's his baby mother."

"Mm. I know ma. She got a lotta mouth and I had to pop her in it one time and I'll gladly do it again over you." I could tell Vanessa was getting upset.

They're very protective over me because they know I'm a nice person and they've witness me not standing my ground. I've gotten better within the year, but before, whew. It was rough.