"Do you know who?" I asked, hoping to find out whether my suspicion was correct. Who else would Tyler come to see, if not Daniel?

"I don't sit here to ask people their names," she snapped. "I'm busy, take a seat or leave." I glared at her, about to reply when she piped up. "Thank you!" She said to me cheerily.

"For what?"

"I'm glad I could help," she smiled the fakest smile I'd seen in a long time.

Now I was really confused. I caught the sound of the entrance doors opening and turned around in time to see a uniformed lady walking out. Oh, so that's why she acted so pleasant. When I faced the receptionist again she was wearing that same old frown. "Whatever," I said to her and walked away to take my seat.

Fifteen minutes passed and there was still no sign of Tyler or Daniel. My patience was quickly turning into impatience and I was in the right mind to go back home. But that wouldn't go any good.

Instead, I decided to sneak past and find Tyler myself. It wasn't very difficult since the receptionist was so shockingly bad at her job. I quietly passed through the double doors and tried to hide the guilty look from my face, smiling at the few police officers who were there. They were all either sat with paperwork or a computer infront of them. Their job really wasn't as glamorous as shown in films. I kept walking, acting as though I knew where I was going. I really didn't.

"Are you okay, miss?" one of them asked me. I halted and looked back. The man looked like he was in his mid-forties, with greying hair and stubble that only added on years.

Asking for help couldn't possibly make me look suspicious.

"Actually, no. I was told I could find Daniel here but I'm not sure exactly where," I lied. Well, half of it was true so I wasn't a complete liar.

"Oh, his office is just round the corner, there," he pointed, directing me. "Anything serious?"

"Thank you," I smiled. "And no, nothing like that." He stared at me intensely, as if trying to read my mind. I felt a little uncomfortable. "Is something wrong?"

"No, sorry. You just remind me of someone," he said. I nodded. Normally, I would have asked who but not in this case. I couldn't afford to prolong the conversation when Tyler could be talking to Daniel that very moment. If so, I wanted to know what about.

I turned the corner like that officer, whose name I hadn't found out, told me to. It led me to two doors, both looking exactly the same. I couldn't knock; if I did and Tyler was in the room, I wouldn't be able to talk to Daniel like I was supposed to. So I pressed my ear against the door to try and make out any of their voices. Nothing. I slowly twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open, revealing an empty room. All that was inside was a wooden desk and a couple of chairs.

I took a breath of relief. Daniel must have been in the room next door. Again, I tried to eavesdrop on the conversation but all I could make out was a very soft murmur, nothing clear enough to indicate who was actually in there. I was glad nobody could see me from here or I would certainly have been caught out and sent away.

I leaned against the wall, waiting. I wasn't really sure what for. After a minute or so, I saw the doorknob twist and heard a click from the door. In a panic, I raced into that still empty room, leaving the door ajar so I could hear.

"Just have a think about it." It was Tyler's voice. Definitely. I could recognise it anywhere.

"I have done and you already know my answer," Daniel answered him. "Bye, Tyler." I heard the door shut accompanied by a grunt from Tyler.