thirty three

Chapter 33

My eyes flitted open to the darkness prevailing in the room, a shadow cast over everything despite it being morning. I stretched my limbs, all the tiredness and fatigue from yesterday had disappeared after my much-needed sleep.

Tyler was lying next to me, fast asleep, my back pressed into his chest and his arm thrown over my almost bare body protectively. I carefully tried to pry his hand off of me but his grip only tightened as he groaned into my soft hair in irritation. I tilted my head round slightly and smiled at the small frown etched on his beautiful face even during his slumber. "Let me go," I whispered softly, twice. He shook his head whilst muttering something incoherent and I sighed, having to resort to another option.

Beneath the duvet, my hand trailed down to his boxers and I prepared to jump out of bed. I curled my fingers and squeezed his member gently through the thin fabric, distracting him from holding me close to his body. He moaned, his eyes opening. I took the opportunity to climb out of bed but he caught my wrist easily, propping himself up on one elbow. A cute smile took over his face and his eyes were narrowed, still adjusting as he spoke, "If you wake me up like that, I'll have to take you right here, right now." I flushed, clear as to what he was insinuating. He chuckled at my reaction and set me free, dropping back down and closing his eyes.

The doorbell rang and there was a heavy knock on the front door just as I was headed towards the bathroom. I took a quick look at myself, only dressed in a bra and underwear. I rushed to pick up Tyler's black t-shirt from the floor and pulled it over my body, quickly running my fingers through my unruly hair to make it somewhat presentable.

When I reached the door downstairs, I was completely surprised to find Daniel stood before me. He rubbed his hands together due to the cold, remaining silent as he— unintentionally, I thought— scanned my body. "Hi," I broke the awkwardness I was feeling, tugging down the black material.

"Hey. Is this a bad time?" He asked, his cheeks burning red both because of the cold and now his embarrassment. His hands were stuffed deep in the pockets of his black leather jacket that he was never seen without. I thought back to Tyler being just upstairs. I didn't know how he'd react if he walked down right now with me being so revealed in front of Daniel. Then again, he had seen a lot more when I was found at Jake's place. "Arissa?" He waved a hand infront of me.

"Come in!" I jumped, unaware of how long I had kept him waiting in the terrible weather. "Did you need something?" I questioned with my back faced towards him as I closed the door. Him turning up here seemed quite random to me.

"Erm," he scratched the back of his head, "I came to see Drew actually, yeah," he said, almost as if he had forgotten for a minute.

"You and Drew talk?" I was surprised. I had never seen them exchange a single word to one another in my entire existence.

"We knew each other in college pretty well actually," he said.

I didn't recall ever seeing him at our house when Drew had his friends over, although I do remember him being at the wild parties Drew threw when Mum and Dad were out of town, which was practically all the time. It was one of those parties where I first saw him and well, the crush began. He knew the 'cute kid' (I was only three years younger than him) had an 'innocent little crush' on him that he believed would disappear with time. That was why he stopped his friends from teasing and embarrassing me, among other girls who fancied him, creating the tiniest soft spot for himself in my heart— something which would probably always remain. You didn't tend to forget your first crush after all? But that didn't mean he was anywhere near Tyler's level for me.

It was different with Tyler. I loved Tyler.

I shook my head, removing the thoughts my mind was occupied with. "So what was the question?" I placed a hand on my hip, feeling rude for getting distracted for the second time already. He furrowed his brow and I wondered if I had said something wrong.