fifteen

Hiya!

This chapter is dedicated to notzoelee

Enjoy!

Chapter 15

Arissa's POV

"Are you two together now or something?" Alec asked us. I could easily tell that he was trying to read our facial expressions but by the look on his face he was terribly confused.

I thought we were together; after his whole confession it surely seemed like that but we hadn't really talked about it. "Kinda," I said. I didn't want to hide it.

"What? No!" Tyler said simultaneously.

I automatically looked at him but he kept his gaze on Alec, perhaps not wanting to face me. I took in a deep breath and angrily marched to his car. I needed to ask him why he said that but not in front of Alec or he'd probably just embarrass me further.

Once I reached the passenger door I stood there and waited since the door was locked. Tyler looked back at me and lowered his head, shaking it disapprovingly as he pressed a button on his car keys to unlock the door for me. I sat inside and slammed the door shut, waiting for him as he exchanged words with his best friend.

I rested my head against the seat and closed my eyes as I waited. I was so unbelievably tired. A couple of minutes later I heard the door slam shut and instantly opened my eyes. Tyler started the car but didn't even acknowledge me, he was acting like I was invisible. I would have said something but it would probably start an argument and besides, I didn't want to speak first— he should. He turned the radio on to avoid any conversation and started humming along to the song, irritating me even more.

I pressed the car window button and allowed it to open completely, embracing the cold air as it circulated the car. I traced my fingers along the window sill and then began to tap my matt black nails against it, enjoying it more than I should since it was my only source of entertainment.

"Stop that," Tyler snapped at me, clearly displeased.

"So you're talking to me now?" I asked moodily.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," I sighed. He rolled his eyes and continued to ignore me. "I'm tired," I declared a few moments later. It was the truth but I was secretly hoping to spark a conversation.

"Go to sleep then."

"And wake up on the road realising you pushed me out? No thanks," I scoffed.

"God, you're such a drama queen. You'll have to wait until I find a decent place then."

"Oh, you're not going back to Marianne's so you can sleep with her daughter then?" I said sarcastically, burning on the inside as I imagined them together. This was all so messed up— he told me he liked me, we made out, he denied the fact that something was going on between us and now he was behaving like none of that had even occurred.

"Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" he grinned at me.

"I was only joking!" I exclaimed. "I don't want to go there!"

"Well I do, so tough luck."

-

Tyler and I made our way to the reception once we had reached the inn. I was still fuming, this night kept getting worse.

It was around 4am and nobody was in sight although there must have been somebody on night shift. Tyler tapped the service bell that was on the desk in hopes that someone would hear it. Almost instantly somebody appeared, it was the girl from before.