fourteen

Hello!

This chapter is dedicated to Crazy_writer_2013 <3

Enjoy!

Chapter 14

Heidi was sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard with her legs pulled up to her chest and her head dropped to her knees. As soon as she heard the door open her head jolted up and she tried moving further back before even acknowledging who was stood before her. When she realised that it wasn't her abusive boyfriend, pain flashed across her features and she covered her face, almost as if she was embarrassed.

It was too late for her to hide because we had already seen it all. At the bottom of her left leg were two burn marks which looked like they had been made by a cigarette, a small but noticeable cut had been made across the smooth skin of her arm which looked infected because it hadn't been taken care of. But that wasn't what had horrified me; her right eye was considerably small compared to her left one and a dark purple bruise bordered it. As I trailed down her face I noticed her bottom lip was swollen and dry. Tears stained her cheeks as she pulled her worn out white dress further down her thigh, perhaps trying to conceal yet another mark.

It killed me to see her like this. My beautiful, bubbly, charismatic best friend who was never seen without a smile on her face was as far away from happiness as she could possibly be.

Alec slightly nudged my arm as he ran past me, heading for Heidi. I didn't dare look at Tyler, I was scared of what I might see.

I tried making a movement in her direction but felt as though my feet were nailed to the ground, preventing me from doing anything. Alec was right beside her but hadn't made any contact, as if he thought her fragile body would break if he did. Nobody had uttered a word when Heidi suddenly broke the silence.

"Ari," she whimpered.

On hearing this, the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes quickly overwhelmed me and small sobs escaped my mouth. Whatever was holding me back before now let me go as I sprinted towards my best friend in hope to comfort her. I frantically jumped on the bed and engulfed her in a large embrace. She rested her head on my shoulder and I caressed her hair as we both tried to control our tears.

I wanted to yell at her for running away but that was the last thing she needed right now, I was aware of that. My eyes found Tyler's but he was staring at his sister, anger and pain evident on his face.

"Where is he?" he growled. I was highly annoyed by the fact that this was the first thing he said to her but I also understood how he was feeling. Heidi wrapped her arms tighter around me and closed her eyes, she either didn't know the answer to his question or just didn't want to reveal it. "Answer me!" he bellowed, his voice echoing throughout the room, making him seem more scary than already. Heidi flinched at this and Alec noticed, not pleased at all.

"Hey! She doesn't need you yelling at her, I think she's been through enough already," Alec firmly said as he strode towards Tyler. He glared at Alec and stayed silent for what seemed like hours before finally speaking.

"I'm going to find that fucker and then I'm going to kill him."

-

Tyler's POV

I heard Arissa and Alec shout after me as I exited the room but I couldn't care less. Heidi mattered the most right now and I wouldn't let that bastard get away. How dare he even lay a finger on her? On my sister? He really had a death wish. What kind of man hits another woman anyway? Special places in Hell were reserved for abusers.

I had just stepped out into the corridor when Seth ran into me. Before even looking at me he kneeled down to pick up the plastic bag he had dropped. I kicked it away from him and saw his jaw tighten.