Chapter 12

30 July12.10.23

Shane POV

There had to be a mistake.

Ryan. He was Ryan, wasn't he?

Shane stared into Robert's paused memory, where a young, familiar face smiled back at him. He had a bird's nest of raven hair on his head, his brown eyes twinkling with amusement. The boy seemed so...pure.

Shane thought he would be repelled by even the sight of R.G, but now that he was staring at his attacker in the face, his heart swelled with despair, confusion and hopelessness. Shane blinked a few times, hoping that the image would change, but it didn't. It remained the same, strangely intimidating. Still Ryan.

Ryan, the man who Shane had befriended, became best friends with.

Ryan, the friend who was willing to co-host Shane's first show, Ruining History, who gave him more support than he could ask for.

Ryan, who would accompany him to the store, not because he needed something, but because he wanted to spend more time with Shane.

Ryan, who he spent so much time ghost hunting with, because Shane wanted to make sure Ryan would be alright.

Ryan, who would greet him every morning in the office with a smile on his face, and a comforting pat on the shoulder. He would hold two cups of coffee, handing one out to Shane, and say with the brightest beam on his face, 'Good morning'.

Shane shook his head, but the memories engulfed him still. R.G. wasn't his Ryan, Shane knew that much. Yet, he still couldn't believe it. If this was anyone else, Shane could accept it. But this was Ryan, and he was far from 'anyone else'.

Shane felt like he was punched in the gut, betrayal and hurt stabbing through his insides like daggers. To say that it hurt more than Callie's betrayal would be too much of an understatement. His sharp senses were numbed, and thunderstorms in his mind were spinning up waves upon waves of dark clouds.

R.G. was Ryan. Ryan.

Shane lost control of the spell, and in dizzying circles, Shane had been sent back into reality. His grip on the metal frame of the bed slipped, and he crumpled onto the floor. For the next few, painful minutes, Shane couldn't think about anyone, or even anything else.

Tears were pooling in his vision, and for once, Shane had had enough. He held his head in his hands and started to weep because his life was spinning out of control, and he was drowning in a whirlpool of mistakes, regrets and the truth. The most lethal combination of them all.

His thoughts started to race, his breaths picked up an alarming pace. Everything thumped sluggishly, and he closed his eyes, hoping to ease the hurt.

Ryan, the man he cared for.

Shane didn't notice when the door slammed open from behind him. When the raven perched on his shoulder nervously, as if to warn him.

Ryan, the man who was there for him.

Shane didn't flinch when a pair of strong, feminine hands laid on his shoulders.

Ryan, the man Shane liked.

Shane was unaware of the fact that he was transported somewhere else.

As a friend? As more? He wasn't sure.

Shane was unknowing of the fact that he was thrown into a cold, hard, metal room. A cell.

Ryan, the man he trusted.