Chapter 9

30 July ⚪ 11.20.36

3rd Person POV

Leonard rubbed his hands together, savouring the heat of the friction. He let out a bored sigh and let his eyes fall on the sleeping figure before him.

Ricky, or Ryan, was out like a log with his hands by his sides, his soft snores filling the still room. His facial features were twisted under the torture of some forgotten memory as his hands grabbed the blanket and curled them into balls. He shifted restlessly in his sleep, murmuring unintelligible words under his breath.

Leonard couldn't help but picture someone else in the bed, someone who had left his side, passed in his sleep. Leonard forced his mind somewhere else, tapping his fingers mindlessly on the bedframe.

High-heels touched the ground behind him, and he felt a hand curl around his neck. Leonard turned around to see his fiancee, Melody, a grin on her face.

With a small wink at him, she said, "You're free to go, Leo."

Leonard gave her a grateful smile in return, his eyes flashing with unchecked excitement. They swapped places, Melody taking his place by Ricky's side, and he was free to do as he wished.

As Leonard fished his gun and dagger out of the store, knocking things over with loud clangs, he could hear Melody say, "Such a good boy, I missed him..."

Leonard snorted and walked to Melody's side, watching her swipe Ricky's hair to the side. He cupped a hand below her chin and raised her head. He breifly touched his lips against her's, savouring the sweet moment.

It was pleasant, but not enough. Nothing could compare. Melody knew, but she understood. Husband and wife were similiar in many ways, of course.

Leonard let go of Melody's hand, which was intertwined with his, and headed out the door. He could feel her quick eyes watch his every move.

"Be careful! Remember to check the road left and right before crossing!" she teased, and Leonard let out a laugh.

With a smirk he knew Melody couldn't see, he replied, "Sure, sure."

Dagger up his sleeve, Leonard left, game plan in mind. He was going to have so much fun.

30 July ⚪???

Ryan POV

Ryan wasn't sure how long he had been asleep, but after so many memories it began to seem like forever. He desperately wished that he could wake up, but the grip of the serum created dark tendrils, strapping around him and refusing to budge.

Ryan let out a sigh and let them overwhelm him again.

The faster it was done, the faster he would be free. If he could ever be.

To his surprise, the memories hadn't picked up where he left them, but instead a few weeks later. By then, he had been introduced to Leonard, and his wife, Melody. Ryan never felt so at home as he had with them.

They doted over him, showering him with care and sympathy. They cooked scrumptious meals, gave him his own room(one that they had initially designed for their child, who had sadly passed in in his youth). The room fitted Ryan perfectly.