the praise you deserved

chapter 27 | the praise you deserved

────────────────────

(Y/N)'s eye widened. She nervously looked over at Todoroki as he stood up. "Wait a minute. If Iida hadn't done anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoryia hadn't come, the two of them would've been killed. If (L/N) never came, it would have been one of us with a missing eye! No one realized that the hero killer had appeared. Are you saying we should've followed the rules and watched people die?" Todoroki snaps. (Y/N) stared at him with a bubbly feeling in her chest.

"Are you saying that as long as it turns out alright, it's okay to bend the rules?" What the dog said seemed to tick off your friend, "Isn't it a hero's job to save people?!"

Dog man closed his eyes, "That is why you are not a full-fledged hero, yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by U.A and Endeavor, woof?"

Todoroki growls as he steps closer to him. "You dog!" Iida tries to stop him but his pleas go unheard.

"Hang on a minute. Hear him out until the end." Gran Torino stops him with his gloved hand. "That was the official opinion of the police. And the punishments and such would only happen if this were all made public, woof. If this were public, you'd probably be applauded by the public, but you wouldn't be able to escape punishment. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it's not made public, the burn scars would support Endeavor being the hero who saved the day, and it would end there, woof."

(Y/N) frowned, she definitely wanted the praise. She just helped take down one strong add villain, something a pro couldn't do! But on the other hand, she was glad she wouldn't be in trouble.

"Thankfully there very few witnesses. This violation could be crushed here, woof. But this would also mean that nobody would know about your achievements. Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake." He flashes them a thumbs up.

"Either way, we will need to take responsibility for being negligent in our supervisory duties." Manual looks down. Iida rushes over and bows, "I am truly sorry." Manual chops his head, "All right. You'll cause trouble for others! If you understand, don't do it again!" Iida replies, "Yes, sir!"

Izuku bows, "I-I'm sorry."

Todoroki bows, "Please take care of it."

You stand up and bow for Triton, "I'm sorry."

He smiles, "I know. I still can't feel proud, though."

The chief speaks up, "You will not be able to receive the praise you would have probably gotten, as someone who also protects the peace, thank you." He bows for you.

"Please start with that next time." Todoroki grumbles.

────────────────────

The hero killer survivors arrived at school for the first time in a few days, the whole entire time (Y/N) and her friends were surrounded by their classmates. She had moved some of her hair to cover her eyepatch, though that wasn't needed due to the fact that most of her hair already covered her eye.

The whole time she couldn't help but feel angry. All of the 'pity' really made her angry. But, she couldn't blame her friends, they were only worried for her. But still, she couldn't stop her anger and what she was about to say.

"JUST FUCKING LEAVE US ALONE! CAN'T YOU READ THE DAMN MOOD?!"

(Y/N) had balled her first and slammed them onto the table. Her classmates quickly found their seat as Aizawa walked in, witnessing your outburst. You awkwardly sat down and got ready for the lesson to begin.

────────────────────

Soon lunch finally rolled around, and (F/N) really was in the mood for rice. "I'm getting food." She grumbled before getting up from her table, Uraraka nodded, joining her. "I'll come too!"

As they were walking off somebody had decided it was best to crash into (Y/N), bad idea. (Y/N) fell to the ground, after a few seconds her friends came to her aid. "You okay, bro?" Kirishima asked as he hoisted the girl up. She nodded.

On instinct, she had moved the bangs that covered her eyepatch and wrapped them behind her ear. "Monoma.." She crossed her arms, not realizing her classmates looking at her eyepatch in disbelief.

"Woah, sorry, totally didn't see you there," He smirked before frowning, "What happened to your eye?"

(Y/N) realized that she put her hair behind her ear, quickly, she hid it by moving her hair back in its original place. The poor girl noticed her friends staring at her, causing her to run out of the cafeteria and somewhere else.