rescue exercises

chapter 57 | rescue exercises

────────────────────

"Well, for all hundred of you who passed the first test, please watch this."

You and your classmates watched the projector screen, waiting for what was about to occur. It look you by surprise when the whole field fucking blew up.

"HOLY SHIT! Why would they do that?!" You began to choke, Jirou rushing over to save the day by slapping your back.

You mumble a quick thank you and flash her a toothy grin, which causes the girl to blush nervously and let out a small chuckle. "Of course, I'm always here to help you."

It was your turn to blush next, but you weren't able to reply due to Iida shushing the two of you to pay attention.

"The next test will be the last one. We will have you all perform rescue exercises as bystanders in this disaster site." Mera mumbles through the speaker.

"Bysliders?" Kaminari and Mineta questioned out in confusion.

"Bystanders. They're people who happen to be at the scene. We learned about this in class, remember?" Hagakure waved her gloves around, educating the two boys.

"It can also refer to ordinary citizens, though." Momo added, staring back at the project while crossing her arms over her chest.

'God, even I'm not that stupid. I already knew what a bystander was way before I attended U.A. But, I have no right to be a complete hypocrite and call Mineta and Kaminari dumb when I'm lacking in the education department myself, but jeez.' You though while scratching your arm.

"We will assume that those of you who have passed the first test have received your provisional licenses and test how well you can carry out suitable rescue procedures." Mera speaks up again.

"There are people in there." Shoji says, which causes you to perk up, way more focused than before.

"Huh?" Sato comes next to him and looks at the screen. "Elderly and children?!"

"That's so dangerous, what are they doing?!" Mineta cries out in shock. Even you were wondering what the hell they were doing down there in the rubble.

"They are people who have undergone training to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue and are in high demand right now- The "Help Us Company," or "H.U.C. for short!"

"Damn, it's amazing what people do for that coin these days." You put your hand on your chin, thinking out loud, "Maybe I should've trained with them instead of coming to U.A..?"

Mera continues to explain the rest of the rules, determination fills your system as you let out a shaky breath.

"You've got 10 minutes before we start."