Angel VII | Believe in The Beast

RAVEN'S POV:

My legs kept advancing ahead despite the extremely crowded bazaar and it was much more difficult than I'd actually assumed to maintain a mortal pace whilst the monstrous force within that kept urging me to speed up. I kept pulling down the hood of my leather coat lower than it already was in a pathetic attempt of hiding my identity. So much trouble just for a single rendezvous out of the castle and I swore to myself that I wouldn't spare a single living cell in the body of the person who I'm supposed to meet if they bail on me at the last minute.

"Come on! Where the hell are you?"

I was cautious enough to keep my thoughts to myself. However, my inhuman senses kept invading the minds of every other person in that whole place without both mine and their consents as well. I gravely wanted to get away from all the unsought thoughts and utterances I kept hearing due to my diabolical dynamism. The noises were too troublesome to tolerate as I found my hands covering my ears tightly but the sounds seeped through the slimmest membranes in my satanic senses.

"Did you hear that monstrous growl?"

"Oh, God! How many souls did he slaughter this time?"

"It has been long since he last emerged, isn't it?"

"He is the most ruthless monster in the whole land."

Thanks to the unbidden aptitude I've been accursed upon, I heard almost every single hate and taunt ridiculed upon me. A damaged part of me was drastically offended by their obtuse judgments. They didn't know me. They never knew me. They never knew the anguish and repentance that's masticating my dark heart for centuries now. They never knew the agony I grieve every single night since the first time the cursed crimson coated my hands. They never knew and will never know how harrowing this life on hellfire is for me to keep striving for control over my own sanity and the satan that's always waiting in his dark wings to be unleashed. Nobody knows but me. Yet, here they are. Believing every vile lie and violent personification about the beast in me that Alastor Demogorgon threw at them.

"You've earned your aggressive reputation back, I see."

Among the mob of oblivion men who kept alleging me based on fabricated indictments, my so-called supernatural senses finally heeded the one voice I've come out to find. Just then, I caught a glimpse of the very dirty blonde hair the earlier voice belonged to, from the corner of my eyes.

Without thinking, I crushed through the cramped passage, unintentionally shoving some strangers out of my way with a bit of extra force that I should not probably apply. Soon, I was out of the busy bazaar road and was cutting across a few empty alleys before spotting the same blonde again. Despite how desperately I wanted to speed my way towards my target, I still chose not to and strolled in my most mortal-like speed instead.

 Despite how desperately I wanted to speed my way towards my target, I still chose not to and strolled in my most mortal-like speed instead