Angel V | Where My Demons Hide

RAVEN'S POV :

My hands wiped away the ceaseless stream of cold sweats in hurry at the sound of footsteps approaching my chamber. I found myself pacing in every direction available except the one that led towards the doors. I was panicking at the thought of his yet another ruthless response for my strange impotence. Just then, the sound of both of the giant doorknobs of my chamber being clicked in unison blared louder than usual in gratitude to my paranormal hearing aptitude.

The next second, I was already behind the giant layers of blood-red coloured curtains that framed amidst the interior of my chamber and the royal balcony. His footsteps were quite audibly inching towards me but I chose to resume my pretence.

 His footsteps were quite audibly inching towards me but I chose to resume my pretence

"Raven!"

My ears heard his stern voice quite clearly but my mind refused to respond. So, I remained inert.

"RAVEN DEMOGORGON! DO NOT IGNORE YOUR KING, YOU INSOLENT YOUNG MAN!"

Not wanting to add any more fuel to his already burning anger and annoyance, I slowly turned towards him.

"Hello, father. Did I wake you?"

I attempted to sound as unpremeditated as I could because I earnestly didn't want my anxiety to be noticed.

Again.

Not by His Royal Highness, King Alastor Demogorgon himself explicitly.

"Do you really have to ask whilst knowing the very answer, young man?"

He was indeed in acrimony. I turned away and faced the dark horizon. Only this time, it seemed even darker than a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry, father. It shall not repeat again. I'll try my best to avoid such interruptions."

The older man sighed deeply before appearing by my side.

"That's exactly what you've been repeating for the past few decades and have you once been able to keep your words?"

No.

Not even a damned single time.

"Listen to me carefully, Raven. You are a Demogorgon-Human half breed and to embrace that supernatural fragment of your birth you HAD to feed on human blood. YOU HAVE NO BLOODY CONTROL ON WHEN OR WHERE THAT FIRST TRIGGER CAN OCCUR BECAUSE IT'S AN IMPULSE OF YOUR INHUMAN NATURE."

While he was trying to reason me with the facts about why I should exactly forget the past and embrace the reality, he was unknowingly worsening my angst.

Every word he uttered only increased my already anxious state of mind, enhancing the immense pain that particular memory brought along, every single time. As though sensing the change in my aura, his voice softened a little.