An Evening of Infatuation

《Dinah》

Mani and I were the first to arrive to the garden for dinner. When we entered, we were astounded by the setting. There were tables aligning the walls that surrounded the garden, lights hung from the large tree branches, while small chandeliers hung from the metal structure that hovered over the garden. The tables were dressed in white coverings, rose gold cutlery and wine glasses adorning them as plates were set in the middle.

 The tables were dressed in white coverings, rose gold cutlery and wine glasses adorning them as plates were set in the middle

"I hope this accommodation pleases you all," Ally said as she emerged from her castle's walkway

"I hope this accommodation pleases you all," Ally said as she emerged from her castle's walkway. "We used to arrange our dinners this way back home and I figured it would be fitting for an occasion such as this."

"And what kind of occasion are we celebrating?" Mani asked with a smile.

I looked from her to Ally before she answered with a knowing smile.

"...the night before your elevation. After this evening, the purpose you two share will come into full effect. Your lives will change in ways you couldn't imagine...with some you've recently welcomed as family, and others who haven't crossed your path in quite some time..."

What she said resonated so deeply with me until I realized the true meaning behind her words.

"We're going home..." I said with a small smile.

Ally nodded as she continued to smile, Mani beaming alongside me as her hand rested in mine.

"Only for a small amount of time," she explained. "The Upside-down has been watching you two since you first entered, and she is so pleased with how far you've come. But now that you know the reason why you're here, she's requiring you two to call on the help of those who will be of great assistance for your training."

"She?" Mani asked. "I thought the Upside-down was just a void."

"All beings are spiritual in this world Normani," Ally replied, "the Upside-down is more than just a place. She's a spirit that longs to seek peace with her own world and the next...yours. That's why you two were chosen. She needs you two more than you know."