"If we're going to work this out, then no. I don't have a problem anymore", I said and he smiled again, making my heart melt.

"So, let's just get to know each other some more?", he wiggleed his eyebrows and I nodded enthusiastically.

He smiled and nodded too.

All of a suddenly he pulled me into a tight hug and I couldn't help but smile.

I finally had a chance of speaking to Daxton and I know what he feels about me.

This deal isn't about dad's business now, it's about Daxton and me.

"Thanks for giving me a chance, Jade", he said kissing my forehead.

And just then the door to his room swung open.

"And this is-", Mrs Langford stopped mid sentence as she looked at Daxton and me wrapped up in each other's arms on the couch.

I saw my parents and Mr Langford peeking from the little space behind her.

"Uh, we were just talking", Daxton said as he unwrapped his arms from around me.

I blushed as I saw Mrs Langford smirk and put some distance between Daxton and myself.

"Seems like Jade had a tour of Daxton's room before any of us", Mrs Langford said and my parents laughed, making things awkward for Daxton and me.

.

.

Dinner was spent with our parents talking and teasing Daxton and me whenever they could.

Daxton would look down at his plate and smile to himself, while I bit my lower lip in attempt to hide the smile spreading over my face.

Alex was extremely silent and would just glance at Daxton and I as we talked to each other.

After dinner, we walked upstairs to Mr Langford's study and were seated on the couches in front of his desk.

He took out a file from his desk and handed it to my dad, motioning for him to read it.

Dad flipped the file open and read the contents of it without any emotion on his face as we just sat there in the awkward silence.

Sometime in between the awkward silence, Daxton took my hand in his and intertwined it, making me smile.

He stroked the back of my palm with his thumb, soothing away the slowly building tension inside me.

My dad awkwardly cleared his throat and all looked up at him.

"The deal", he said raising the file and looking at me.

"Read it", he said, handing it to me.

I flipped the file open as I sat down and began reading the contents of it.

It was the same old stuff that I knew. The stuff which said that our families are indulging in partnership because we're one big family now. And that if our marriage ends, the deal is called off.

I shut the file once I was done reading.

There was thick silence and I could feel all pairs of eyes in the room staring at me.

"Alright, let's get this signed", I mumbled.

"Are you sure about this?", Mr Langford asked me.

I looked at Daxton and his eyes turned worried.

"I'm sure about this", I said as I looked deep into his blue eyes and watched as a smile spread over his face.

"Okay", Mr Langford said with a small smile and walked towards his desk.

Daxton and I followed him and our fathers signed the deal.

Soon, Daxton signed the deal and handed his pen to me.

I took in a deep breath before signing the deal and handed his pen back to him.

"This calls for celebration", Mr Langford said and popped open a bottle of champagne that I hadn't noticed earlier, making me jump slightly.

"Hey, it's alright", Daxton whispered in my ear and I tried to calm down.

"Cheers to Friendship and Partnership", my dad said as we all clapped.

"Cheers to new love", Daxton whispered in my ear making a chill run down my spine.

.

.

"So can I have your number now that you're my fiancée?", Daxton asked as he wrapped his arms around me.

We were currently saying our goodbyes to the Langfords because we heading home.

"Of course", I grinned.

He handed me his phone and I typed in my number, saving it.

"Alright", he said and he pulled me in for a hug, "Good night, my Jade".

I smiled as I snuggled into his chest.

"Come on, kids", I heard my mother call out and pulled away.

"Good night, my Dax", I said as I watched his smile grow before walking towards our car.

I watched him as we waved at each other, before driving away.

_

A/N:

Dax is literally goals af and I'm just so glad that I created him!!

I hope you like Dax and this chapter. Don't forget to vote on this chapter.

See you in the next one!

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️