14. Umm...I Punched Him...

I let out a warrior cry when my locker doesn't open for the 5th time.

Damn you, ancient lockers!

I bang the door in agony and rest my forehead against the cold surface. I close my eyes and sigh. Sleep refuses to leave me yet and a dozen elephants continue to have a dance off on my head.

Of course I decided to binge watch all the Final Destination movies with Ben and of course I was afraid to sleep at night when I was aware of the fact that the next day is known as the doomed hell for human beings.

"Silence. It's peaceful."

I jump in my place, surprised and bump my forehead with the metal door when I hear a voice beside me.

Ouch!

I turn my head and I find Mason laughing his ass off. "It never gets old, Emma!"

I rub at the spot which is now throbbing in pain. "What the hell is matter with you, son of Lucifer?!"

"Nothing, love! Just checking on you," he replies with a smirk.

Something is off about him.

His outfit catches my eye. He is wearing a white t-shirt with skinny black jeans, torn at the knees. His hair is jelled upwards and is wearing black sneakers.

"What are you wearing?" I ask him.

"Are you blind or something? You just checked me out shamelessly and now you are pretending that you didn't admire the raw beauty," Mason shakes his head is disappointment. "I can't believe it."

I scrunch my brows together. There was something with the way he pronounces 'can't'.

He places his hand on one of the lockers beside mine and nods his head towards my locker. "Need help there, love?"

Is he talking British?!

I nod and he volunteers to open mine. To my utter shock, it opens.

What the...!

"Thank you so much!" I tell him and take out the necessary books. I shut it and look at Mason who is still leaning on the next locker in all glory with a smirk never leaving his face.

I turn my head to the side. "Umm...what do you want, Mason?"

He now stands straight but places his hand on my locker with the other one in his pocket. He leans dangerously close to me and I can feel his hot breath near my face. He eyes me with passion, with something burning in his eyes but for me, it looks like he's faking it. He brings his mouth near my ear and I resist the urge to shiver.

"I think you owe me a dare."

My eyes widen in amusement and my lips sealed shut. Not able to hold it longer, I throw my head backwards and break out in an immediate laughter. He retracts to his previous position and is looking at me like I lost some brain cells.

I slide down, clutching my stomach and unable to recover from his actions.

"Stop laughing, okay?  What was so amusing about it."

I still laugh and don't answer him for another few seconds. He offers his hand for me to get up and I take it and support myself to stand up. I slowly recover from it and catch my breath to answer him. "Everything was amusing about it, Mase!"

He pouts and looks at me unimpressed with the answer. So I take the privilege to answer him further.

"First of all, drop the British accent. It sounds like you lost a tooth and chewing a bubblegum in your mouth," he frowns at that, "and second, there is only one Hardin Scott and that is Hardin Scott himself, and third of all, loose that outfit. You look like a homeless guy."