4. Who Owns A Freaking Time Machine?

Do you remember the time when we were these tiny, annoying brats, we would always whine about how we wanted to grow up? Our elders would always warn us to think before we say that, but why will we ever listen to the ones who had an experience in the field of LIFE.

I don't know about you, but i wanted to grow up because:
1. I could get rid of the studies.
2. So that I would get out the 'hell hole', where we earthlings call it as our 'school'.
3. Who wants to do that stupid, boring, that flies-right-over-our-heads-Math homework. I hate every single second of it.

I guess the same points apply to you as well. Or do you have any?

But we didn't know what we were talking about. We didn't know that life gets harder as we grow up. We didn't know that at one point of our lives, it would turn deadly complicated. Suddenly, silly crushes break up the years long of friendship. We start overthinking every situation. The what if questions arise in our small yet enormous brains. Drama invites itself into our lives without our permission. We get bullied, humiliated, tortured. We get depressed, mood swings, anxiety disorders, panic attacks. And some even go to the extent of ending up their own lives.

And that is the moment we regret big time saying those words. We wish that we could have a Doraemon in our lives so that we could borrow his 'Time Machine' and relive those good ol' days.

But first, slap the shit out of of that young version of you and threaten them to not say those dangerous, venom filled words.

So, not everyone can afford a Time Machine. Wait a second. Actually, nobody can afford a Time Machine because you know, it's a FREAKING TIME MACHINE.

But we can relive those days by doing some things without the need of a Time Machine. We can do some appropriate things that are excusable even in our teenage years.

"Way to ruin the sandcastles, Zach!" Sophia scolds her boyfriend while cleaning the sand off her jeans.

"But I thought it needed more water. Can you blame me for trying to take care of our sandcastle?" Zach replies but Kevin just smacks him on his head.

"Looks like you're gonna loose," Mason mocks them, while laughing at Zach's stupidity.

Meanwhile, i find a small twig and try to trace small lines on our castle, and Dawn gives the finishing touches.

It all started as a silly joke. We all were recalling our childhood days, where we used to come with our parents to the beach, and do all childish stuff like building sandcastles, wrestling with our parents in the sand, picking up the washed away shells on the sea shore and sweet things like that.

Zach wondered if we can still build a castle or were we too old to the childish stuff. Sophia took this as a challenge to prove the point that age doesn't matter to enjoy childish games. In fact, that is when we really enjoy doing it.

We split up in 2 teams. Sophia, Zach, Kevin in one, and Dawn, Mason, me in the other. The loosing team must buy an ice cream to the winners and I'm so psyched to win.

Who in their right mind wants to pass up on an ice cream offer? I, for one will not.

But fate had other plans for me and my team.

"Nooooooooo!", Dawn screams in horror as the waves brutally washes away our not-so-well built sandcastle and reverts back taking away the sand, along with our efforts and my shoes.

Wait, what? Why are my shoes getting carried away whe-

"Oh, shit!" I run to the shore and get my shoes back before they got lost in the water. I pick them up and it doesn't come of as a shock to me that my shoes are totally drenched with the salt water.