Once he reached a dark path in the back of the prison, he looked around to make sure no one was around and then changed back into his normal self.

After he rounded the last corner he could already see her slouched body leaning against the white wall. In comparison to the brightness of the huge cell, her body looked dark and tiny.

It should have been easy for him to take down the barriers. It should have taken him seconds to simply walk into the cell and... who knows what he would've done. But the barriers didn't even waver under his magic.

"Why is it that suddenly it is so very easy to trick the trickster god?" The voice of Odin echoed through the halls. "Though it may not seem the most likely thing for you to do, I was sure you would sooner or later come down here."

Loki closed his eyes. Great. Just great. Hadn't he told himself over and over again that this little worm was a distraction to him? Yes. And yet here he was, having walked right into the most obvious trap ever laid out for someone. What had she done to his precious mind?!

"I do not know why you would need to trap me, father, but I assure you I have done no harm to anyone." He said calmly, still with his back to Odin.

"Oh, then explain to me why exactly this criminal, who was caught killing a good dozen of my guards, said your name when she was finally caught."

"Well, maybe because everyone around this place seems to have a preference for blaming their faults and mistakes on me?" Loki smiled sarcastically and turned around to face his father. "Wouldn't you say so? Isn't it very CONVENIENT for you that every time something... anything happens in this sense-forsaken world, you have a new reason to lock me away? Away from your glorious kingdom and your utterly ridiculous family!" His rage had overtaken his logic and he was straight out screaming at Odin now, who on the other hand simply turned on his heel and gave the adjoining guards a sign.

Loki knew he could fight them. With ease, he could stop them from locking him up in a cell together with the woman he had come to despise for being the cause of all this madness. But he didn't. He let them roughly grab him, take the barriers down, shove him in and close the barriers once more. For a second he felt nothing but numbness. Not so much in his body, but in his mind and soul.

Then he turned around to see the barely awake girl leaned against the door.

"I told you to leave so I wouldn't have to see you ever again." He said calmly, looking down at her.

A weak smile appeared on her lips, as she gathered her remaining energy to answer him. "Sorry to disappoint..." What was intended as a chuckle came out more as rasped breath.

Loki could not help himself but smirk ever so slightly. He really wanted to hate her, but every time they met it became more and more difficult.

"What am I even doing here..." He muttered under his breath while sitting down next to her, leaning against the wall.

"You are hurt." He said stiffly, letting his eyes wander to the blood that way still seeping out of her shoulder and onto the white floor.

"Don't you say..." She breathed, her eyes fluttering shut. He had to lean closer to her now to understand what she was saying and noticed just how deep the wound in her shoulder was.

For a moment, Loki sat still and only observed how her ragged breathing became less frequent until it finally stopped once and for all. He sat next to her without moving, unable to act.

He could just let her die here and now. His problems would be solved and he could go back to his usual ways. Be Loki, the god of lies and mischief again, the monster parents told their children about. His own little island of isolation.

But then he would forever be left with an unsolved mystery. And he hated the prospect of that even more than the fear of what would happen to him if she lived.

One thing he was certain of though: this decision would change his life forever.

Trees, swaying lightly in the soft breeze of the night... A full moon shining brightly, being reflected on the smooth surface of the sea. A silence so calming and alluring to become one with nature and universe. And then, the stars... shining brightly as if to prove which is the brightest. So nice, so calming...

Then her eyes fluttered open and she was blinded for a second. Was this death? A wave of cold heat rushed through her body, followed by the awareness of the piercing pain all over her body. No, death didn't hurt like that.

She let out a small groan and opened her eyes completely only to see the ceiling of her crisp white cell. Overly aware of the pain in her shoulder, she sat up carefully, looking around the room. She didn't feel dizzy at all anymore, only bruised. What had happened? The question was answered once her eyes fell upon the man sitting, or rather lying, in the opposite corner of the room. Loki... She remembered him being thrown into her cell. But what had happened then...?

His eyes were closed, and she didn't know whether he was sleeping, dead or pretending to be either. In the silence of the bright room, she finally took a moment to really look at him. Most of their encounters had happened at night, and only now did she notice just how astonishingly gorgeous he was. Raven hair, porcelain skin, lean but muscular in his own way... And undoubtedly the most handsome face she had ever seen. The men she had known were nothing compared him, not even remotely close to it. The only thing that didn't fit in the picture was all the blood.

It was all over him, covering his hands, arms, his tunic... She looked down on herself, realizing that she didn't look any better. Her thin shirt was covered in dried blood and stuck to her body in various places. Her trousers seemed mostly okay though. When she looked down she also noticed the coat that had been placed under her head, which had been pushed back when she had sat up. She took it and scooted herself closer to Loki on the opposite wall, placing his coat over him as a blanket. He didn't move at all, but she could hear his soft breathing, which assured her that he was neither dead nor pretending to be. She let herself sink down next to him and leaned against the wall once again, suppressing a pained cry. Her body was far from being okay and yet she was alive, feeling better already.

It must have been him. No one could survive the kind of poisoning she had gone through if it wasn't for the right remedy or powerful magic. It didn't surprise her now that poor Loki had passed out. But he had saved her. From the poison and from dying of blood loss. She sighed and let her eyes roam over him once more, while she slowly drifted off into a more or less peaceful slumber.

A.N. Heyyo! Hope you're still with me! Because this story is just getting started, hehe! There's so much more to come. If you have suggestions, questions or feedback let me know!

Next chapter:

- talk talk talk!

- the start of a little thingy

Hugs, K.