16

Problem Solved

I was satisfied physically and emotionally. I was certain that I should have been exhausted, making love to Avi took so much energy but he gave so much back. I felt so much energy swirling around inside of me that I didn't know what to do with myself. We hung out in the pool just talking and relaxing and watched as the sun moved closer to the horizon. Small tendrils of steam started to rise from the surface of the water as the temperature around us started to drop.

"We should get out soon."

"We probably should," Avi said as he took my hand and pulled me to him. "The moonlight is so beautiful on your skin and the way the starlight reflects off the water and in your eyes is amazing. Please, just a little longer, My Love?" We were dancing in the water soft and warm. He slipped a hand around my waist as he continued to hold tight to my other hand. He pulled my body through the water and my hips aligned nicely with his. He kissed me gently, his fingers lifting my chin. "If I could," his eyes were afire with the light of the heavens above us and something else, "I would stay here with you forever." I saw galaxies in his sweet green eyes and prayed for a future there. He had won. I was his completely. His slow and tender kiss caught me completely off guard and pulled me into him and all that he was. My world turned again and began to revolve around his. He slowly, tenderly took me to heaven wrapped in his arms.

I moaned his name as he found his way inside me again and again so slowly, sweetly and tenderly. I heard my name upon his lips and temporarily lost my ability to think. He pulled me tight into his arms and kissed me senseless. "I can't get enough of you," he whispered into my ear, "I can't keep my body out of yours." He picked up the tempo and drove a bit deeper and slipped his tongue into my mouth. He had me climbing mountains, breathing heavy, and calling his name. "Okay. Okay," he panted, "We can eat in the tent. Let's get out of this water." He pulled away from me, disconnecting his body from mine and we both whimpered and whined, but the temperature around us was dropping and we'd already spent an immeasurable amount of time in the water, our bodies were waterlogged.

We carefully made our way back to camp and busied ourselves with fire, food, water, and conversation.

"Do we hike more tomorrow?" I took the map to him and showed him where we were and where we were headed to. He smiled and kissed my cheek. He looked like he was very proud. I'd seen that look before.

"What?"

"You are amazing."

"I am?"

"Uh huh. Very remarkable." He moved about, messing with the fire.

"So are you, Love. So are you."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Do we have to go," he pouted at me. It was actually very cute at that moment. I held up the satellite phone I had. He looked at it as if he didn't understand.

"I have to check in. If I don't Jonna will kill me when I get back." He laughed a little. His eyes sparkled in the firelight. "No joke," I laughed too, "She will. I'm about to call her." I put my fingers to my lips to politely shush him and dialed her number. He started laughing.

"Did you tell her about me?"

"No, but you're about to give yourself away." He chuckled and wandered a bit away so I could talk to my best friend in private. Really, I think he was struggling to be quiet and didn't want to be discovered. He sat on a rock and started fiddling with his phone again.

"So you are alive and you didn't get eaten by a cougar or bear?"

"You know sister, that is no way to greet a friend. How do you know I'm not staring down a bear right now?" My eyes migrated to Avi. He was sitting quietly, looking handsome and sexy as hell, but he was hardly still. His feet just kept tapping some rhythm in the dirt. He looked up at me just as I looked at him and sexy Avi was instantly replaced by totally cute and completely dorky Avi. He waved like he just seen a long lost friend and smiled that opened mouthed wide-eyed smile of his. I choked on my laughter. His winning smile said 'goal achieved' and I squinted at him evilly. He just smirked and shrugged then started silent howling laughter. He was gonna get me in trouble. He was trying to, brat.

"You're not or you wouldn't be calling me."

"Yes! I would. If I was being mauled by a bear, you would be the last thought on my mind before I died."

"Awe, thank you. But please don't call me if you are being actively mauled by a bear." We both laughed so hard, I nearly dropped my phone.

"The movers were here. Your stuff is on its way. Are you sure about this?"

"Uh huh. It's time. You know it is."

"I know. Rob says 'HI'"

"Tell him I say Hi and I love him." Avi looked at me for a second then quickly looked at his phone.

"He loves you too. It's been so weird, you not being right next door."

"It's weird not being there. I'll meet you in LA in about a week. That's gonna be so fun! I can hardly wait. But I need to get off of here."

"Are you doing alright out there on your own?"

"Yes. It's beautiful country. Every day and night it's a different beautiful view." I looked over at Avi and smiled. It truly was a beautiful view.

"Please don't freak out. I have to tell you something. Have you been able to look at Instagram or anything?"

"No, why?" My suspicions rose. Avi's phone worked out there without any help from a satellite.

"Well, it looks like Avi decided to go camping a couple of days ago in the Sierra Nevada area. He posted a couple of sunset photos. They are beautiful, but they look a lot like he is in the same area you are in." I heard that soft and subtle questioning tone in her voice. She knew me so well. "I mean, maybe one or two of them look exactly like the ones you sent me, especially if I overlay them." Oh shit! Did I send her one of the pictures he had taken and shared with me and did he post the exact same photo? Fuck. I didn't want to lie, not to my sister and friend, but what was I supposed to say? She caught me fair and square. I was spinning myself in a circle trying to think my way out of a wet paper bag and failing. Avi gently grabbed my shoulders and took my phone. He solved my problem for me.

"Hello, Michelle's Sister. How are you?" His voice was pleasantly his. "You wouldn't believe the people you meet when you're running around in the mountains. Yes, It's just me Aviii. Yes. Crazy. No for a reason I'm sure. What is this about meeting in LA? Yes, I'll talk to her about that. No. Yes. We love you too. Later." He hung up my phone and handed it back to me. "Problem solved." Then he smiled an amazing smile. "You're welcome!" He sang and flipped his hair. I just looked at him with my mouth hanging open. "Trying to catch flies or turn me on again? All you have to do is smile at me if the latter is what you are wanting." He put a hand on my hip, his other under my chin, and closed my mouth most of the way then he covered my mouth with his and gently kissed me. "Wake up Sleeping Beauty."