" Shut it Clark Kent and you'll live. I'm here to collect my wife. Don't try to be a hero". Cole warned.

"Miri, do you know this crazy man?" Daniel asked confused .

At this point in my life all I could do was laugh. I mean hysterically laugh. Placing my face in my hands I laughed like a lunatic. I laughed even harder when I recalled Cole calling Daniel "Clark Kent". Yes, he had that nerdy Clark Kent vibe and I had secretly thought it myself. "I'm sorry Daniel. Let me introduce you to my deranged ex husband, Cole."

" Why is he here? " Daniel asked even more confused.

"Actually I would have been more surprised had he not shown". I said still laughing.

" Baby girl, get your stuff and let's go".

"But I haven't even got in the water yet". I protested.

Looking irritated, Cole swooped me up and begin marching toward the water. I gripped my arm's tightly around his neck. "Cole don't. It's going to be cold. Put me down so I can slowly get in". I begged.

His smart ass smile was what I received. Once Cole was about waist deep he slung me up in the air as if I were nothing. My body crashed down into the waves that managed to tumble me around like drying laundry. Eventually my head popped through the water in unbalanced feet. "You are the biggest asshole ever". I hissed right before another wave shot me down.

I came up to Cole laughing. Before I could respond another wave crashed down on me. Having enough, I chose to swim out a bit underneath the rushing water. I then kept low amongst the never ending waves and circled back around until I was behind Cole. I watched as panic struck him and he frantically searched for me. Creeping up behind him, I placed him in a choke hold. "I am a Harper motherfucker. Nothing ever looks as it seems".

With those word's, I took him down beneath the waves. As we surfaced a huge smile creased my face while Cole was the sour looking one now. "And I am a Butini. We always get even and can track the enemy with our eye's closed."

Giggling, I tried to skip off but he gripped me around the waist. Up in the air I went again and again.... And again.

Back and forth we continued until we were both winded and beat. "Had enough of the water yet?" He asked.

Pushing him in the chest, I strode out but he wasn't far behind me. Upon returning to my spot, I discovered Daniel had packed up and left. Fuck you very much Cole. I begin packing my belongings as Cole walked up and started to help. "Don't bother. You've been enough help already". I said through tears.

Fuck, my emotions were everywhere right now. Cole sighed. "Don't cry baby girl".

I begged my bag onto my shoulder and started to walk back to my car. "Wait Miri. Stop. Please, I've got something really important to show you. I've been waiting for the right moment and well..."

" Whatever Cole". I snapped and climbed into the passenger seat of my car. I was in no form to drive.

As Cole drove along, I tried to stop my silent tears from falling. "Please don't cry baby girl." . He whispered as he took my hand and held it.

His thumb gently massaged the center of my palm but in a burst of anger, I pulled away. Awhile later Cole pulled into a boat marina. "Why are we here" . I asked sorely.

"I want you to meet Veronica".

" You what? " I asked shrilly.

"It's time you got to know Veronica" .

Turning in my seat to face him in disbelief, I yelled. "Are you for fucking real? You just ruined a potentially perfect date to announce you're taking me to meet your hoe? You better turn this car around right now. If you don't, best believe somebody's going to die today".