30| Shut up And Focus on Your Homework

Start from the beginning

    "True," I agreed. "She can't stand the rest of us. But no one can hate you, Rose."

    Rose smiled and pulled out her phone. "I'll keep you guys updated," she said, turning back around.

    Finally, the bell rang. Gracie, Sophie, and I all stood up and left the room, walking down the hallways.

    "So what are you doing next?" Gracie asked me. I had next period off, so I could definitely leave for a bit.

    I shrugged. "Probably just head to a cafe or something to get some work done."

    Sophie rolled her eyes. "Typical Logan."

    "What? I have things to do!" I defended.

    "Yeah, right," Gracie said. "It's Monday and we just finished 2nd period. Not to mention, we also just came back from fall break. No way you have things to do."

    "Mr. Artisan assigned us homework if you don't remember," I retorted. "It's physics for God's sake! It's gonna take forever to do, so yes, I have things to do."

    Gracie and Sophie both just shook their heads. "Yeah, homework that isn't due until the end of the week," Sophie added.

    "Which means I need to have it done by Wednesday," I said, grinning.

    "Well, while you're having fun with that... we are off to paint some skateboards!" Gracie exclaimed. Her and Sophie both took Art as an elective this year to have some fun away from their harder classes. I couldn't even imagine taking a class that wasn't AP.

    "Have fun," I said, saluting them as they walked away. I turned the opposite way down the hallway, starting towards the exit so that I could get to my car.

    Then, suddenly, someone was grabbing my hand and pulling me away. I didn't even have time to see who it was. When they pulled me into an empty, dark classroom, I retracted my hand away and spun to face the kidnapper.

"Jesus, you gave me a heart attack," I said, smiling.

Noah smirked and grabbed my hand again. "Sorry," he whispered. "I just couldn't help myself."

Noah pushed himself closer to me while I rested my back on the wall of the classroom. He brought his lips to mine like we had done multiple times in Florida. Except this time it was less demanding and more gentle.

I quickly pulled away. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I have 4th off," Noah replied, and I raised my eyebrows.

"You do?"

"You wouldn't know that," he said. "But I do. Is that okay with you?"

"It's definitely okay with me," I said, and I pulled him back in for another quick kiss. Damn, I had really been missing out all these years of hating him.

"Wanna hangout?" He asked.

"I mean," I paused. I was conflicted. I didn't need to get my homework done right now, but I knew that I needed to stay focused. "I want to hangout with you, but—"

"Can I interrupt you?" Noah asked, and I nodded before finishing my sentence. "We can go hangout at the cafe. Meaning, we can work on some homework for 30 minutes... and then spend the next hour focusing on other things."

"How did you read my mind?" I asked.

Noah shrugged. "We're similar, I guess. But I know that you take your work seriously. I may have heard you talking about your physics assignment."