Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Daddy" Niklaus states from the door, Jacob smiles and sits up.

"Come on then" Jacob lifts the boy up onto the bed and sets him between himself and Catherine, she turns to face her son and pulls him closer, Jacob looks to them both warmly before snuggling up with them.

.....................

Carlisle stands next to the medical bed Catherine lays on, he pulls a sonogram machine over to the table, Catherine pulls her shirt up over her stomach. Jacob walks in and holds out a cheeseburger to Catherine who smiles and takes it.

"Oh I love you" Jacob raises an eyebrow.

"Me or the burger?" he asks, she looks to him.

"You want me to lie?" she asks with a smirk. Jacob smirks and kisses her softly before sitting next to her.

"You two ready?" Carlisle asks, Jacob takes Catherine's hand and looks to her, she nods. He squeezes a generous amount of gel onto her stomach before pressing the sonogram probe to her skin, moves it around for a few minutes and then Carlisle smiles, he looks to Catherine and Jacob before looking back to the screen.

"What?" Jacob asks. Carlisle glances to him. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing's wrong" Carlisle turns the screen to them. "It's twins" Catherine leans up and frowns.

"Twins?" she asks, Jacob is staring at the sonogram. "Like two babies?" she asks, Carlisle cups her cheek and smiles.

"Yes, twins" he tells her. "And they seem healthy" Carlisle pulls back and looks to Jacob. "Jacob? You all right?" Jacob nods a little and looks to him.

"Twins?" he asks, Carlisle nods in agreement. "Twins" he whispers, Catherine touches his hand, he looks to her.

"Jake" she whispers, he nods and clasps her face before kissing her.

"Twins" he states against her lips, she nods.

..............

Catherine sits in a rocking chair by the window in her bedroom, Jacob smiles watching her from the doorway, watches as her fingers dance over her stomach, a smile on her lips. He looks to Niklaus at his side who looks back up at him. Jacob ruffles his hair and then pulls him closer.

"I can hear you two lurking" Catherine tells them. Niklaus chuckles and moves to her, she kisses his head. "Hey, baby" she whispers to him warmly.

"No, these are babies now" Niklaus corrects her, Catherine smiles. "You know I'll love them too, right?" Niklaus whispers, Catherine nods and strokes his hair.

"I know" she tells him and pulls him up onto her lap, Jacob smiles at his little family. His perfect family. "Have you thought about names?" she asks, Niklaus nods. "Jake?" she asks looking to him.

"A little" he admits and walks towards them. "Me and Emmett have been looking up things" Catherine raises an eyebrow. "I like...Fenris for a boy, from mythology"

"Hmmm the giant wolf child of Loki, God of Mischief" she adds, he smirks and kisses her as he reaches her.

"What about you?" he asks her, she smiles at him.

"William" Jacob looks to her surprised. "After your dad" she adds, he takes her face in her hands and kisses her, she smiles against his lips.

"I love it....but maybe middle name it like we did with Carlisle...." she nods.

"Yeah, no, I love that idea...middle naming our boys after our fathers" she tells him. "Do you have any...for a girl?" she asks. He shrugs and plays with her cardigan nervously. "Tell me" she whispers, he presses his head to hers.

"Actually.....Hayley Rose" he tells her. "I mean....I just...."

"It's perfect" Catherine tells him.

"Really?" Jacob asks. "Cause I know you love your sister and well Hayley comes from Hay and Leah...and well...Leah's part of this family" she kisses him to shut him up.

"It's perfect" she repeats pulling back. "It really is..." she reassures him. "So are we assuming it's a boy and a girl or...." he shrugs.

"I kind of feel like it is" he tells her. "Don't you?" he asks touching her stomach. "Two boys and a girl.....they boys'll protect her" Niklaus smiles and nods agreeing. Catherine smiles.

"Then that's what I want" she tells him back. "Another boy...and a girl" she whispers and then looks to Jacob. "Can we go to Emily's for lunch?" she asks, Jacob chuckles and nods.

"Yeah" he lifts Niklaus up and then sets him down again before taking Catherine's hand and pulling her up to, he turns her to him and pulls her closer. "I love you" he tells her, she smiles and touches his chest.

"Yeah, well......I love you too" she responds.

....................

Paul holds Niklaus over his head as he pretends the kids a superhero, cape and all, Catherine chuckles from where she watches with Emily who is biting her lip so as not to laugh.

"They're great with him" Catherine states.

"Ah well, they're all just kids at heart themselves" Emily tells her back, Catherine looks to her and smiles.

"It'll be your turn next" Catherine teases, Emily chokes on her iced tea as Sam snaps his head up from where he and Jacob were talking. "Getting married, I meant" Catherine adds. "Wow you two are...." she teases, Emily smacks her arm as she laughs. Emily then takes her hand, Catherine smiles and squeezes lightly. The two women had been better friends then anyone could have imagines, even Leah, now that she's imprinted, is softer around Emily, they're cousins again.

"Have you looked at dresses yet?" Emily asks, Catherine shakes her head.

"No, we've agreed that the wedding will wait....until after the twins" Catherine answers. "It's....just for the best" Emily rubs her arm.

"You're not going to die" Emily tells her with a smile. "You're made for each other, why would magic let that happen just to kill you for having his children......the magic of the wolves, of their imprints is for picking the best to carry on the bloodline, it knew that Nikki wouldn't kill you, that's why you were chosen" Catherine smiles a little. "You will survive and go on to be an amazing mother to two more babies......and however many more the two of you have after that"

"Thank you" Catherine whispers to her. Emily pats her arm and smiles.

.........................

Jacob smiles climbing into bed with Catherine later that night, he's already seen a change in her, she looks to him from her book, a baby book, she's planning properly this time, he kisses her and smiles getting comfy.

"You seem.....lighter" he tells her, she smiles and closes the book to turn to him.

"Emily told me something that made me realise something"

"Oh?" he asks.

"She told me imprints are picked to carry on bloodlines" he nods. "Meaning I was never going to stay dead" she points out. "And I'm not going to die now" she touches her bump. "We're in this for the long haul" he smiles and kisses her.

"Yeah" he agrees pulling back. "We are"