Chapter Fourteen

Catherine passes outside of Jacob's home, he'd gone in first to talk to his father, to explain, to tell him how nervous Catherine is about it all. The pack was fine, she's met some of them before but this is Jacob's father. And though she knows he was at the wedding she wasn't exactly social.

"Cat" Jacob calls softly, she takes a deep breath, she doesn't need to, it's habit, and then turns to them. Jacob moving straight to her, to wrap an arm around her waist. "It's okay" he tells her softly and guides her forward a little as Billy wheels out of the house, he looks to Catherine and then to Jacob before smiling.

"Welcome, Catherine" he greets moving towards her, he offers the vampire his hand first, she looks to Jacob who kisses her cheek, she slides her hand into Billy's, he nods and smiles. Like she's passed some sort of test, she looks to Jacob who smiles and places his hand on the small of her back. "Why don't you come inside, and we can get to know one another" Billy offers with a smile, Catherine smiles back and nods.

...................

Jacob strokes Catherine's hair as she lays with her head on his chest, the two of them both chilling on his bed, a small tv on the dresser playing an old rerun of I love Lucy. She'd spent an hour answering any question Billy had to ask her about herself, about the species, about her past, with all the patience of a saint. Jacob just loved her more for it. That's right, he loves her. He knows most of it is the imprint but since he started getting to know her, there is something about her personality that is easy to like and maybe if they'd both been human, he may have fallen for her even then. Jacob smiles and kisses her head.

"Dad likes you" he tells her.

"Yeah, I'm sure every Dad hopes for his son to be forever attached to a vampire" she self-deprecatingly jokes.

"Hey" he pulls her chin up. "You're my imprint, chosen for me.....perfect for me...." she shrugs.

"Wouldn't you rather have a human, someone you can have a life with, a family with" she sits up and plays with her Cullen bracelet. "Don't you want a family, Jake?" she asks looking to him. He shrugs.

"I don't know" he tells her. "Maybe..."

"Well you won't have one with me" she tells him.

"There are other ways, Cat...." he corrects her. "We do what the Doc did" she glances to him. "Our own misfit family....only....we'll take anything" he takes her face in his hands. "Vampire, shifter, whatever the hell else is out there" he kisses her cheek. "I want you" he tells her. "Don't you ever think that I don't, I will only ever be yours" she looks away and he sighs pressing his head to her shoulder. "I know" he whispers. "You've probably heard that before" he tells her, she nods. "But I promise....the way this works, I'm with you...." she reaches up and wraps her arm around his neck, to scratch at his hair. "No matter what" he adds. "I promise" she looks down at him. "Cat" she nods and smiles a little. "Lay back down with me?" he pulls her down with him, she curls up against him with her head on his chest, he wraps an arm around her. "I love you, Catherine" he tells her. "And I know that it's early, and I know that you're still getting over Edward, so you don't have to say it back, I'll wait for it, whenever you're ready" she touches his chest and then sighs, nodding to herself.

"I don't need to wait" she tells him. "I think....I think I've known for a few days...but I was to afraid to say anything, or maybe it was about admitting it, and Rose and Emmett keep telling me that Edward's moved on, that he has his happily ever after..."

"And they want you to have yours?" he asks, she nods and then turns to look up at him.

"I love you too, Jacob" he smiles and leans closer to kiss her. "I do love you" she assures him. "More than I have loved anyone else" he smiles at her. "I know the difference now" she tells him. "What I had with Edward.....it's nothing compared to what I have with you....and only after 13 days. It's something so much....more...then what I had in 66 years with him....." Jacob smiles at her, she smiles back at him. "You make me feel.....alive" she tells him. He threads his fingers into her hair and pulls her down to him. "I love you, Jacob" she tells him, he nods and smiles before kissing her. He pulls back and smirks brushing her hair from her face.

"Does this make you my girlfriend?" he asks, she laughs back, he chuckles and kisses her.

"Yes" she tells him. "If you want to label it....then yes, I will be your girlfriend" she tells him warmly.