Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"Carlisle wants us there...." she answers pulling a dress over her head and turning to him, he smiles and pulls her closer to kiss her softly. "He didn't say why, just that it's important" he nods and kisses her again.

"Okay, I'll grab Nik a change of clothes and meet you downstairs" she smiles and nods as he leaves.

....................

Jacob slaps Catherine's backside as she climbs the steps to the Cullen house, she shoots him a look and he smirks and shrugs, she rolls her eyes but smiles heading inside.

"Is it me..." Jacob starts. "Or is it a little too quiet" he looks to Catherine who nods agreeing. He takes her hand and they head upstairs and into the living room, where Seth, Esme, Bella and Renesemee are.

"There she is...the demons mother" Bella sneers as Catherine and Jacob enter the room, Catherine raises an eyebrow as Jacob growls.

"Excuse me?" Catherine asks as Esme shoots Bella a look.

"Bella...it was accident" Esme tells her.

"We don't know that though do we? Maybe the beast did it on purpose" Bella responds. Catherine and Jacob share a look before Jacob wraps an arm around her.

"What's going on?" Jacob asks. Esme looks to them softly.

"Nik bit Rose" she tells them.

"Where are they?" Catherine asks.

"In Carlisle's office..." Esme tells them.

"It should be put down" Bella tells them with a smirk. "Creature like that doesn't deserve to live...." Catherine steps towards her with a growl, Jacob takes her arm.

"Cat" he whispers. "Our son needs us....your sister..." Catherine glares at Bella before walking away, Jacob shakes his head at Bella completely disappointed in his old friend. "You've turned into a cruel bitch" Jacob tells her before following Catherine.

................

Catherine moves straight to Rosalie who looks more grey then pale now, Rosalie gives her a weak smile.

"What happened?" Catherine asks. "What's happening?" she looks to Carlisle.

"I don't know" he admits. "They were playing and he bit her...we thought nothing of it...Renesmee bites Seth all the time....till..." Carlisle looks to Rosalie as Emmett paces.

"He didn't mean to" Rosalie corrects. "It was an accident" she looks to Catherine. "I'm going to be okay, he bit you remember and you're fine..." Jacob moves to Leah who clutches Niklaus to her shoulder, wary that they're going to turn on him. Rosalie takes Catherine's hand and kisses it.

"This is all my fault" Catherine whisper. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Emmett squeezes Catherine's shoulder and she shrugs him off. "Don't..." she warns.

"If my sister dies because of you" Bella states from the doorway, Catherine stiffens as Edward touches Bella's shoulder and shakes his head.

"Your sister?" Catherine growls looking at Rosalie and then stands turning to the newest Cullen. "You think just because you married into this family that she is your sister?"

"No different to you" Bella points out, Catherine nods.

"True...except....Rose is actually my sister" Catherine points out. "As in....we shared the same parents....the same DNA....the same childhood...." Bella looks to Edward, no one had told her that little detail. "See....you're just an outsider that's forced her way into this family, ripped apart a marriage, destroyed the relationships within the family, forced a member of it to leave because she was so uncomfortable around you......and then you insult her pup....my patience is wearing very thin with you" Catherine warns. "I have done nothing but try to accept you....and yes...a few words were exchanged....but I only ever responded to something you have said or done against me.......I have tried so very hard to be the better person, and I am....but one more word about my sister, or my child, or my relationship...and I will rip you apart" Catherine growls and hisses as her hybrid face shows.

"Your jealously must have been steaming if you had to go and take my leftovers" Bella ignores the threat, she's not afraid of the blonde, she's a newborn, she's stronger. "You couldn't have Edward so you went after Jake" Jacob growls. "Your own sister is dying because of your jealously, because of the abomination you created....you just had to prove that you were capable of getting pregnant...no matter what it was that was born" Catherine growls and launches herself at Bella, the two women clashing and flying back against the wall. Catherine springs back to her feet as Bella lays a little dazed before pushing herself up.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" Catherine taunts before lurching forward, her wolf form now stood before the newborn, the wolf snarls and snaps and steps towards Bella.

"Edward, Jacob, stop them" Carlisle warns. Edward and Jacob share a look, Edward shakes his head.

"No" he states, Bella looks to him surprised, he looks to her. "You need to get this, what ever this is, out of your system...and if the only way to do it is if you two fight....then that's what you're going to do.....Catherine is a part of this family" he snaps. "Your jealousy is what's getting in the way, not hers....do you have any idea the damage you are doing to us all? Driving wedges between sisters, between friends...you haven't even tried, have you? You've been gunning for her, since I told you that we used to be together...."

"She's the one.." Bella starts to argue.

"I don't care any more" Edward snaps. "You sort this out,....now" he lifts up Renesmee. "Before you drive everyone away. This is my family...all of them....including Cat and Nik" Bella looks to the wolf who smirks. "You two sort this out....." he steps away and towards Rosalie who looks worried, a newborn is a powerful opponent. Catherine-wolf pulls her lips over her teeth and snarls before she collides with Bella who tries to get her arms around the wolf, remembering what they'd been teaching the wolves. But Catherine is stronger, she snaps her teeth at Bella's throat, the newborn only just keeping the wolf's teeth from her, and she knows Catherine's not even trying. Catherine-wolf then phases back to Catherine who wraps her hands around Bella's throat and squeezes, the newborns marble skin cracking.

"I want you to know how easy this would have been for me" Catherine tells her. "But I'm not going to kill you" Catherine pulls her hands back. "I want Edward to be happy....even if that's with you...whatever it is that you think I have done to you, or against you....." Catherine shakes her head. "I honestly don't know what to say, that would even.....make sense of any of this....I love Edward" she tells Catherine. "I do, I always will...but I am hopelessly in love with Jacob...and I always will be" Jacob smiles. "We're mothers now, Bella.....we have to be better than this....fighting like this....what message is this sending to Renesmee and Niklaus..." Bella looks to her daughter. "Their cousins...you want them to hate one another...because we couldn't get along? I pity you" Catherine tells her. "If you can't get over this....you are going to spend your immortality miserable....your daughter is beautiful and you have a husband who is devoted to you...why waste time on this petty feud?" Catherine stands up and holds out her hand to Bella. "We don't have to like one another...." Bella looks to her. "But...I can at least be civil...." Bella takes her hand and lets the hybrid pulls her up.

"I'm sorry" Bella tells her. "I have no idea...it's just..."

"I know" Catherine tells her. "You keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, that I might want Edward back...." Bella looks down. "But I won't....now we can act like family and gather around OUR sister, who needs us....or you can leave me to MY sister"