Fawning Over Marshmallows and Barbies

Start bij het begin

"&@$!" She swore loudly, sucking on her bleeding thumb. Having a quick debate with herself, she opened her teary eyes.

"Let's do it again." Kameko transferred the sticky marshmallow to her other hand. Taking a deep breath, she made sure to aim. She bit her lip as the toothpick plunged itself into the marshmallow, hating the feeling of the marshmallow's squishy insides.

Trying to take it to the next step, she slowly moved the toothpick inside the marshmallow, but the guilt was overwhelming her.

What has that poor marshmallow ever done to her, besides filling her with unnecessary calories? Absolutely nothing. What was she doing to it? Stabbing the poor thing.

"I-I'm so sorry" She said shakily, quickly pulling the toothpick out of the marshmallow and began to caress the roughed up thing. Seeing the white remnants of the marshmallow's insides on the tip of the toothpick made her wince. How cruel she was.

Kameko eyed the marshmallow before plopping the whole thing into her mouth, enjoying the sweet, sticky substance. Chewing slowly, she saw Kanato walk in, hugging his Teddy, of course. His lilac eyes scanned the kitchen and they landed on the bag of marshmallows, "What were you doing with my marshmallows?"

She held up her index finger, signaling him to wait for her response as she chewed the marshmallow hurriedly, careful not to bite her tongue.

Judging from the annoyed expression on his face, she could tell that he wasn't the most patient person in the world, "I don't like to be kept waiting."

Quickly gulping down the remaining pieces of goodness, she spoke, "I was eating."

"My marshmallows?" He questioned, taking a step closer to her.

"Noooo, of course not! I was eating the toothpicks!" Instead of remarking back, she simply nodded, her face blank.

"Teddy, don't you think Kameko is being rude? Eating my marshmallows and refusing to apologize." He spoke to Teddy, as if she weren't standing a mere three meters from him.

"Actually I only ate on-" She stated, but was cut off when Kanato closed the distance between them. His slender poked her stomach several times, causing her to squirm uncomfortably.

"Hmm? Really? You seem a little bloated, are you sure you only ate one?" He asked, retracting is finger back and glancing at her face.

"How dare yo-! I mean- I only ate one. I swear. And besides, I'm not bloated!" She protested.

"Hm."

"Well, you also look a little-"She wanted to call him 'bloated' back, but his figure begged to differ, " -like a stick."

Kameko huffed in defeat and began cleaning up the marshmallows, when Kanato suddenly grabbed her wrist, "I want to show you something."

'Is it my deathbed?', She shook her head, "But I need to-"

"I don't care." And with that, Kanato dragged her out of the kitchen and glanced at the little sad bag of marshmallows sitting on the table, hoping Reiji would put them back.

-

"Are we there yet?" Kameko asked for the tenth time.

Kanato just growled in response.

"How about now? We've been walking for a million years, almost!" She whined.

"Teddy says we've only been walking for three minutes, and if you don't stop talking, I'll just have to sew your mouth shut." He replied nonchalantly.