Watch Out; It's Lava!

K A M E K O

Tonight was a normal evening in the springtime; the crickets were chirping, the moon was glowing and seventeen year old girls were jumping off buildings.

As Kameko freefell from the roof, the wind suddenly picked up, forcing her to pull down on her skirt. She blushed heavily, because people were still eating 'lunch' outside. Due to her slutty school uniform, she lost her concentration and miscalculated the distance between her and the ground.

Her feet met the hard surface with a loud thud and she grunted as pain flared up her ankles. Sometimes landing on your feet wasn't the smartest choice. Ignoring the pain, she began to lamely dash towards the direction of the toddler, until she met the edge of the road.

Catching a brief breath, she lunged at the young boy who was still targeting the red balloon. Making contact with the warm body, she had no choice; the truck was coming awfully fast.

On instinct, she shielded the child and rolled towards the opposite side of the street. As they rolled, one of the trucks tires' collided with Kameko's head briefly.

After the truck safely past them, she slowly unwrapped her arms off the boy, examining his current state. He wasn't bloody or battered- which she was happy about, but it seemed as if he were crying.

She was a little dazed and scratched up, "...What's wrong..? Did I scare you..?"

He quickly shook his head and placed his hand on her new bump, "Are you OK, miss? That must've hurt!"

Kameko giggled at his concern and ruffled his hair, "I'm fine. As long as you're OK."

"KAMEKO. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She heard Aiko's voice ring out through the schoolyard as she saw her with the Sakamaki brothers, "YOU STUPID IDIOT, IF YOU'RE NOT DEAD, I'LL PERSONALLY KILL YOU MYSELF."

She rolled her eyes at her friend's voice, "Chill, bro,"

Kameko slowly began standing up, but a wave of dizziness hit her, causing her to slump back down, "..Ow."

Ignoring the looks from the boys and Aiko, she turned her attention back to the kid who began to cry, "You should go home now, and next time, I'll get you your balloon back."

He slowly nodded his head and suddenly hugged her, "You're really nice, miss! You're also reeeaally pretty! How old are you? I think you're too old for me though...""

She laughed at his enthusiasm and nodded her head weakly. Her laughter halted at the sight of seven vampires glowering at her.

"You're so troublesome." Subaru tched and looked away.

"Yeah, yeah," She waved off the wave of negativity and tried to stand up again; too bad her head wasn't ready.

She heard the school bell ring in the distance as she slumped against the nearby wall, her consciousness slowly slipping away.

"..Oi. OI." She felt someone shaking her, but it was too late.

-

"Mommy! Daddy! Hurry up!" Squealed a toddler's voice.

Kameko saw three figures walking down the sidewalk. The young girl, no older than five, had really short brown tousled hair and vibrant blue orbs. She seemed excited about something. The people she was gesturing to were two adults- probably her parents.

The woman was certainly gorgeous, with her bright honey blonde locks and model figure. Her eyes were a warm cognac that shone with playfulness and humor. The male holding her hand wasn't disappointing either, with his auburn hair and electric blue eyes.