Fawning Over Marshmallows and Barbies

K A M E K O

Kameko slowly opened her heavy lids and gasped. This wasn't the rose garden. Or her room. Instead, she was standing on a grassy field; she was gawking at the wonderful scenery of a modest, little cottage. She blinked and saw a little girl coming out of the little house with a woman that vaguely resembled her

"Momma! Momma! Have you seen Maaku?" The little girl asked her 'mom'.

"Forget about him, my sweet Kameko. He's just a nuisance" Said the woman, her eyebrows wrinkling.

"No can do momma, I wanna play with my brother!" The little girl declared and ran out the door and sped down the hill.

"Is that me...? Why can't I remember any of this?" Kameko shook her head and followed the smiling girl down the hill.

"Maaku! Oh, Maaku! Where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are! If you don't, I'm going to eat all your Smarties ©!" The brunette threatened playfully and spun a 360, hoping to spot her brother.

"Was I always this cute?" Kameko mused, speed-walking to catch up to the giggling girl.

Little 'Kameko' stopped in front of an abandoned well to the left of the cottage. Huffing in defeat, she peered down the deep, dark, hole, as if her brother fell down it, "Maaku~ where'd you go?" She shouted.

She was only rewarded with the eerie echoes of her voice.

"Humph." Kameko slowly leaned away from the well, remembering how her parents had told her that it was dangerous. Unlucky for her, she hadn't felt the presence behind her.

"I'll go back to the cott- ah!" She was cut short when she felt someone hastily push her down the well.

"That'll teach you to mess with my chocolate." The young boy's voice was muffled by the fearful scream of the girl's.

The poor girl awoke in shock, clutching onto her covers tightly; as if her life depended on it. Her shaking fingers began to slowly comb through the birds-nest she called hair, slowly recollecting the horrid dream.

"It seems that Maaku was right, he is my brother. But... Why'd he push me down the well!?" Kameko pondered.

Perhaps it was another guy named Maaku. Whom she knew when she was young. That was her brother. Living with her. Yeah, it was probably another Maaku. The Maaku she knew was nice and sincere. It seems like Kameko already forgot about the whole potion incident.

She could feel her heart rate slowing down and she let out a breath of relief, "It was just a dream," she kept repeating to herself, feeling her sweaty forehead.

"Well, at least it's Saturday."

-

Rummaging through a kitchen cabinet, she began searching for the desired object, and if you were close enough, you could hear her murmuring to herself "Gotta get rid of that stabbing phobia."

Kameko deemed the situation impossible, until her eyes lit up, "Ah ha!"

Quickly pulling the half-eaten bag of marshmallows out of the cabinet, she quietly closed the door. Placing the marshmallows on the table, she reached for the little container of toothpicks.

Taking the piece of marshmallow peeping out of the bag, she also grabbed a toothpick.

"C'mon. Do it. This is a marshmallow, Kameko, a fricking marshmallow. Just stab the damn thing!" She scolded herself. Gulping, she closed her eyes and thrust the toothpick. Right into her thumb.