-

Damn, for a 'Genius' he really doesn't have a clue...

You flipped your phone over in frustration and stuffed it back into your pocket, rationalizing that it might calm your nerves down quicker. 

Out of sight, out of mind, right?

Tying your apron tightly around your waist, you let out a deep sigh before joining Ji-eun behind the front counter. 

"Well someone's in a good mood today!" Ji-eun shook her head sarcastically as soon as she caught sight of you. 

"Is it that obvious?!" You sarcastically returned back. 

"Oh I see. You're just tired because someone kept you up all night texting!" She glided over to you and leaned against the coffee machine. "Tell me everything!!!"

It really didn't take long before you finished spilling everything to your best friend. 

About how much of a lame coward you are, 

How cringingly arrogant Mr 742 'Genius' is, 

Or how you still couldn't manage to keep your heart rate down to a calm and steady beat since yesterday morning.

Your head was mixed in a sea of contradicting emotions; happy, excited, terrified, frustrated and downright confused. 

Once you were done talking, Ji-eun just stared at you blankly before tussling your hair and uttering the words...

"Sounds like love to me."

But you weren't convinced...
Not yet anyways. 

Stuck in that heavy mind-set, you spent the next 25 minutes filling coffee orders like a zombie, completely lost in your own head.

Who does he think he is anyways?

Bursting into my life like that and making me feel like this.

The nerve.

You were too busy being stuck in your own head that time became an abstract concept to you, angrily scrubbing one of the coffee grinders on auto-pilot.

But then out of no where, your ears instantly pricked up at the sound of the cafe doors opening. 

Too afraid to look up because you left your conversation at such a weird point, you heard the familiar sound of someone behind you clearing their throat.

"You going to explain why I made you late now, or do I have to beg?"

--------

//A/N//: Sorry for the late update!

I've got my mind in too many books at the moment, and I'm slowly suffocating myself with keeping up to date with all my updates! 

I'll try my best to keep pumping out some (HOPEFULLY) satisfactory chapters for each of my books. 

I hope you enjoy!
Please feel free to leave any feedback or comments or drop me a PM just to chat!
I love reading EVERYTHING that comes my way :)

Much love xxx Katie xxx ❤❤