vii. shout.

Mulai dari awal

She could feel Roseanne calming down, she could hear the music turning into a beautiful ballad that made her heart throb, it felt like flowers and everything nice floated around the room, it was heavenly; and she never expected it from someone who seemed to have risen from Hell. She slowly set their lips apart, Roseanne looked at her with parted lips; a tear escaped Jennie's eye, she doesn't know why, but she called herself foolish; because it drove off Roseanne.

"I have to go." Roseanne stood up and hurriedly left the room, leaving Jennie with another thousand thoughts.

Jennie looked at the moon as she sat under a tree at a public park. This was what she needed, a place to think, a place away from Roseanne's mess. "Can I join you?" Great, Jennie can recognize that voice anywhere. "No, don't think so."

Roseanne sat beside her and asked. "Kim, what do you think of love?" Jennie stayed silent, she wasn't going to talk to her and pretend everything's fine. She heard Roseanne sigh. "I think love is bombs and knives, not butterflies and rainbows. It's a trap, a labyrinth; most people enter just to look for ways to escape. Hoping for rewards at the end of the maze: faith, trust, acceptance, everything a person's ever yearned for. But like the labyrinth having a minotaur, love has fear, ready to devour you. Not everyone wants to enter, but those who do, they don't always get to escape. It's all about wits, love is a puzzle one has to solve, a maze one has to escape. It's everything no one ever wanted, disguised as something everyone ought to have." Roseanne smiled as she looked above, Jennie was head over heels again. Roseanne flabbergasted her once again, she really has a way with words, and her mind is extravagant. Jennie was speechless, Roseanne's job is to fuck her up.

Jennie scoffed. "Stop with this game of push and pull, Roseanne. I don't want to be part of your stupid game, I don't wanna be your pawn. Please, leave." Jennie said, but a part of her hoped, hoped that Roseanne wouldn't leave.

"Okay, but before I leave, I want to explain, Jennie." Jennie looked at her in disbelief. "After everything? Nah." Roseanne sighed. "There's nothing you can do. I don't care if people hate me, as long as the reason is true or valid, but if they hate me for something I didn't do and or something that's not true, I have to defend myself."

"Fine, explain." Roseanne smiled as she leaned back. "People aren't going to come for you, you're my queen, and everyone knows not to mess with me. But I did something wrong, Jennie, and I know you'll hate me more, but the guilt is eating me up, it's never done this before."

"What did you do, Roseanne?" Jennie was nervous, her heart pumped like drums. Roseanne looked at her, so she did the same. She could see the guilt in Roseanne's eyes, something she's never seen before. Roseanne was about to speak when they were disturbed by footsteps. "Well, what do we have here? Sorry to ruin your little moment, but we have business." Roseanne stood, Jennie did the same. Roseanne held her arm and pulled her to her back. "What do you want?"

"We just want to talk, Roseanne, catch up on things; and if I were you, I'd get her out of here. After all, she's why we're here." Roseanne faced Jennie. "Listen, you have to leave." Jennie shook her head. "No. I don't take orders from you, and I want to know what they want."

"Please. I'll explain everything later." Roseanne pleaded, it was her first. But with Jennie, everything was a first. Jennie nodded, "Please be careful." She left, leaving broken pieces of herself like Hansel and Gretel leaving bread crumbs so they could always go back home, does this mean Roseanne's her home? I don't know, you tell me.

"Now, who's going first?" Roseanne smiled devilishly at them. "We came prepared, Roseanne." They brought out baseball bats, hammers, everything melee. "Why not just bring a gun?" The man smirked.

"We want you to feel all the pain."

She's gone far, but Jennie shattered more as she heard screams and cries, come on, hit me, torture me! Jennie could hear the smashing sounds, and Jennie swore she could feel them too. She could feel every hit that touched Roseanne's body, and it hurt her, she couldn't take it; so she turned around, went back for Roseanne.