Five: Rain Rain Go Away

The second encounter. Lol. ;)

*ZED*

Great! The thunder's rumbling and I'm taking a cab to get to school. Better stay warm and dry than wet and wild. Oh, excuse me, make that wet and cold.

I peeked out my window and outstretched a hand to check if it's already raining. Fortunately, it's not. But the wind's getting cool and breezy and the sun's almost peeking through the clouds.

I'm rushing as I got out my unit, almost running I can say. Just few more minutes and I can be counted as late. And if I'm caught up in the rain, absent for good.

That's completely not a good thing with Alex around.

Hanging my coat on my shoulder, I tucked my polo in on a quite messy way and tighten my black belt. Hung my tie below my collar without tying it and buttoned my sleeves first.

I continued walking on a manner that I only looked quickly on my way and resumed fixing myself again.

"Hi Zed!" Someone greeted, cheerfully.

The voice is familiar. To be exact, it was really familiar. I decided to shift my head, enough to see the owner of the voice.

"What are you doing here?" I said as I looked over my shoulder, startled.

My hands were still touching my sleeves and my neck pressing my coat against my shoulder to prevent it from falling.

Alex walked nearer to me, brows quirked and smirking.

"Waiting for a cab, duh. Hm, you don't look so good guy today. Are you sneaking behind my back?"

Wow, can this day be any worst? There's nothing more annoying than a girl spying on you like you're still her boyfriend. While the weather's as bitter as her and her face's filled with mockery.

That's what I hated the most when it comes to girls. I don't like someone who's so full of suspicions, clingy and demanding. I don't want to be treated like I'm one's possession.

But I guess I have to control my temper and lengthen my patience for the sake of my secrets.

She walked closer, beside me and took off the plastic cup lid of her coffee. She blew it up right to my face. I flinched a little, the steam's hot.

"No, of course not. I'll fix myself in school, I'm just running late." I reasoned, fanning the steam off my face.

"Don't play with me Zed, look at yourself."

I checked myself from head to toe, I know I wore my uniform in a scruffy way and my hair left disheveled. I completely forgot to comb it.

Who would have thought I'll be bumping into Alex this morning? Don't she get it? I made my point! She lives far from my condo, so I never bother fixing myself because I'm going to be late.

I shrugged. She snorted and rolled her eyes from me, extending a hand to call a cab and didn't consider talking back.

Breathing deep, I ran my finger through my hair to groom it. My tie's fixed too, but I cannot get my polo to be tucked in neatly. I always wore it untucked before, so I have no idea.

I stood snappy and straight when I finished. I eyed Alex, sipping her coffee and a hand left outstretched. Looking at her from head to toe, then I whistled. She's damn hot.

"Hush, you dimwit." She said.

"What? I missed you." I said with my cockiness, pinching her arm softly and teasingly.