Always in between: Who's side to choose. Chapter 1

"Lady Finn, there is someone here for you," says a young man who comes out a big house and walks towards her. It is the home of Lord of Rochdale. A young woman of 20 with dark brown hair is walking towards him. Her bright blue eyes begin to shine. She knows exactly who it is.

“Is he really back from the Holy Land Adam?”Finn asks and stops in front of him.

“Your father Sir Flynn has just arrived Lady Finn and he would like to see you.”

Lady Finn walks quickly towards the house. Adam sees how happy she walks towards the house. He is happy for her. It has been 5 years since Sir Flynn went to the Holy Land and Lady Finn had to make sure that everything went well in Rochdale because her mother is ill.

Adam, one of the servants in the house has always supported Finn. Despite that Adam is 24 he knows a lot about it.

“Father,” Finn said happy when she sees her father with her 12 year old sister Fiore.

“Come here,” Flynn said and opens his arms for his eldest daughter. Fin walks straight to her father and hugs him.

“I’m glad you’re back.”

“Me too,” he said as he looks to his two beautiful daughters. “It’s good to be back and see my family.”

“Lady Finn, don’t forget your appointment,” warns Adam Finn.

“Father, when I’m back I want to hear what happened in the Holy Land,” she says and gives her father a kiss on his cheek.

Flynn knows that she must go to that appointment. She can’t say no because of the high status the family has and let her go.

Finn walks quietly together with Adam away and towards her part of the house.

“Remember, the Shadowman has today another mission.” Adam remembered her.

Finn looks at the mannequin that was hidden in her room. The mannequin is dressed with black clothes, a large hood, a thin black scarf and a black mask.

“I know. I need to bring food to Amy because of the taxes.”

“As long as you’re careful Lady Finn,” warns Adam. “You can see black easily when it’s day.

“I’ll stay in the shadows and will be mostly in the woods.” Finn said reassuring.

“Be very careful now because of your father Sir Flynn came back today.” Adam says an walks out of her room.

Finn wonders how long she can be the Shadowman now that her father is back and especially because of what she does when she is the Shadowman. Let’s not think about that. First I have to make sure that Amy can eat because she can’t buy it.

In Nottinghamshire people have to pay ridiculous high taxes and must be paid to the sheriff of Nottingham.

Finn must always collect them because she is the Lady of Rochdale whether she like it or not. She doesn’t take the taxes not matter what like Guy of Gisborne in Locksley. Locksley was from Finn’s friend Robin of Lockley before he, Finn’s father and his servant Much went to the Holy Land.

Guy of Gisborne isn’t sacred to do evil things to get the taxes from his people in Locksley. I think I can blame the sheriff for that.

Guy of Gisborne is his right hand man of Sheriff Vaisey of Nottingham.