Always in between: Who's side to choose. Chapter 8

When Robin and Much return of Sir Edward Finn stands next to Dan Scarlett and gives him a hug. ”Do not worry Dan,” Finn says reassuringly. ”Robin will do everything we can to help them.” "I know Finn,” said Dan. ”It's that I can’t do anything then I had already done for you," said Finn. ”I know," said Dan. Finn and Dan sees how Robin and Much walking in their direction.

Dan told his story to Robin and as expected, he immediately wanted to talk to the sheriff about it.

"I'll go with you,” says Finn immediately. ”They now hold a noble gathering where I 'm already late for. ' Robin find it good and so the three of us rode to Nottingham.

Robin and Much looked surprised when we arrived at Nottingham to how poor the people were. Robin found it especially weird how normal it was to Finn. Finn noticed it right away and explained that this is how it is now. Because of the new sheriff there is so much poverty now. “But Wednesday is market day?" Much asks suddenly. ”That is still,” said Finn softly and drove quickly through to the castle. Robin and Much incredulous looks. Was it really so?

" Robin, I'm going first into the room okay?" Finn says to him as they are at the door where the meeting is held. ”I do not want the sheriff knows I 'm with you because that brings me in trouble.” "I understand," said Robin and strokes over Finn's cheek. Finn grins and walks inside.

"I'm sorry I 'm late, my Lord, but my mother needed me so I could not get away,” said Finn apologetic and bends immediately after that she walks to her father.

"Go sit down Lady Finn then we can continue,” the sheriff said, and left it at that.

Not much later Robin came in with Much and Robin immediately started talking to the sheriff. What the sheriff said Robin could not stop talking about how people could get more money and more can trade with each other. And as usual the sheriff disagreed whit it.

Finn kept her thoughts for herself because she agrees with Robin and noted that the sheriff began to be very angry. Fortunately, he quickly went away without taking her with him.

Not much later Finn ran towards Robin, but looks at Marian so she remains at a distance. She shakes her head by his attempt to win Marian back to him

The moment Marian walks away and he looks at Finn when she walks up to him. 'You never learn do you Robin?"Finn says grinning. Immediately Robin looks her at her and pretends he knows nothing. ”One thing. I'm going along with you to the dungeons, but stay aloof because I'm not from Locksley and about the party in your honor. Do not be surprised if I 'm with the sheriff. I sometimes have to do what he asks so my family and Rochdale don’t run into danger.”

Robin nods and gives her a hug. ”Come, we must go to the dungeons. Much is there already. ”Finn says, and walks with Robin towards it.

The guard walked us through the dungeons. It was not a nice feeling to walk around and hear around you shouting people that they want freedom. Finn kept in the shadows when she suddenly hears Allan. Seriously, he's trapped again? He can never keep Out of the hands of the sheriff. I just listened to what Robin was talking to him and said quickly to Much that I would wait while they were led to a room further on.

When Benedict, Luke and Will were taken along to Robin. Finn quickly gave Will a hug. She knew him as long as Robin and therefore could not live without Will who is a good friend of her. The guards did not stop because they knew that the sheriff trusts Finn. If they stopped her they would be in trouble.

Finn? "Asked Allan when the guards were gone, and he saw her suddenly. ”What do you want Allan?" She asked as she walked over to him, but remained at a distance. ”Get me out of here,” he asked, very sweet to her. ”Why should I Allan? If I take you out in no time you returned back into the cell as now,” Finn said, grinning. ”Maybe you'll learn it this way.” “Finn please! Get me out of here before they murder me!” "Be glad I do not tell your weakness to them,” Finn said still grinning and saw that Will and the rest were brought back to their cells at once "You would help us Robin," I heard Luke call to him.

Finn had already guessed what the punishment of them would be before they would hear it. Allan had been suddenly taken towards Robin and Much. Finn walked quietly behind them to hear what was going to happen, but as expected they would all hang tomorrow.

When Robin, Much and Finn started to walked  Allan recovers he really came from Rochdale and Finn had to fix it, but she did not because she walked by.

" Robin, be careful with the sheriff,” says Finn and caresses his cheek. ”I do not want you as they end.” " I'll take care of that Finn,” says Robin. ”Do not worry.”

When they arrive at Robins party Finn quickly runs to her father, but Robin continues to monitor and immediately notice that guy walks past him with Marian.

" Robin, must read the sentence tomorrow,” Flynn said to his daughter. ”What? Robin doesn’t want that,”says Finn immediately. ”He has no choice,” says Flynn and walks with his daughter along to their horses to drive home.

Later that evening when the Shadowman goes to her favorite spot and sit under a tree. She wonders whether it was a good idea now. Not to save Allan while he is going to hang tomorrow. She cant do much now anyway. The verdict is already there and he is in the same cell as Will. Will… He is a good friend that she is now going to lose unless someone is going to do something.

She want to save them as the Shadowman but she needs to be there as herself. She's glad she does not have to stand next to the sheriff but simply allowed to stand with her father and Marian.

Finn sighed. She really wished she could do something for them, but what?