Always in between: Who's side to choose. Chapter 10

A hour later.

Finn was walking as the Shadowman through Sherwood Forest. It was the first thing that came into her mind where Robin probably was hiding.

She needed to know if her friends are safe. Much and Will are with Robin for sure and no doubt Allan was with them to. Unless he found someone who can afford more.

Finn sighs. Why does Allan always try to get things for himself better?

Finn keeps walking silently around. She knew there was a group of outlaws here but didn’t knew where they were at the moment. Too many men had fled here because of the sheriff and Finn is getting tired of it. Someone needed to do something about it. She is willingly to help that person but she can’t be that person. There is too much at stake.

Suddenly Finn hears people talk. It isn’t far from her so she walks softly and silently towards the sound. It wouldn’t surprise her if she found Robin. The voice she thought to hear was Much’s voice.

A few moments later she saw Robin, Much and Allan tied up to a tree. Where was Will?  But that wasn’t all what see saw. She also saw a few outlaws of the forest.

She kept quiet and saw that the outlaws robbed them and asked them questions. The worst question came which was if Robin was a noble. Finn knew that the outlaws hated nobles and Much only made it worst for everybody.

It didn’t surprise Finn that Robin kept cool under the circumstances.  But what is he doing now? Giving signs to someone? Finn looks into that direction and sees Will. If he doesn’t hide soon he will be seen!  Silently she walks towards him and grabs his waist and puts and hand on his mouth. ‘Keep quiet otherwise everyone knows that were here and I don’t think you want them to know do you?’ Finn asks Will with a lowered voice.  Will shook his head and walks with Finn behind the bushes.

‘When I let you go you aren’t going to speak or ask any questions or else,’ Finn said with the lowered voice to Will and see him swallow. Softly she lets Will go and looks with him towards the rest.

Will and Finn sees that the outlaws are leaving and that Robin is looking for Will. ‘Stay here for a moment,’ Finn said. ‘I want to talk to them first before we let them go.’

Will nods and let Finn to towards the rest.

‘O no.. Here comes another one,’ Much said annoyed.

‘Shut up Much!’ Finn says harsh. ‘One more word and my sword is in you!’

In the corner of her eye she sees that Allan wants to say something. ‘That counts also for you Allan a Dale! Especially for you!’ Finn says and walks towards Allan. ‘If you want to keep that pretty head of yours than you’ll shut your mouth!’

‘So you think my head it pretty?’ Allan says teasing. Finn only rolls her eyes and looks at Robin who freed himself and walks towards her. ‘If I were you Robin of Locksley I wouldn’t do something against me because I still got Will,’ Finn says.

‘What do you want?’ Robin asks. ‘And who are you?’

‘I’m the Shadowman,’ Finn says and looks with a warning look towards Allan to keep his mouth shut. ‘And I only want to tell you Locksley that Gisborne is at your estate now looking for you. Probably because the sheriff wants your pretty little head.’

‘That doesn’t surprise me,’ he said while Finn gestures that Will needed to come over here.

Will did it and untied Much. Who started to rattle about the guys how tied them up.

Finn sighed and walks towards Allan.

‘You are dead Allan if you tell them who I really am!’ Finn whispers when she untied him. ‘They will know it when the time is right.’

‘Why are you helping us?’ Robin asks when Much kept his mouth shut. ‘Just say it’s an investment for the future,’ Finn says and looks at Robin. ‘Everyone needs you alive Robin of Locksley. Not only your friends but everyone.’

Robin looks at Finn and wonders if he knows the guy who is speaking to him. It is clearly that he knows him.

‘One more thing… if you want to go after those guys…’ Finn says as she walks away. ‘There up to your right behind the hill.’

Before someone else could say a thing she starts to ran away. But still she could hear Robin say that there were going to teach the outlaws a lesson.

Finn ran ahead towards them. She wanted to see what Robin was going to do to them.