I climbed up the ladder to see the books.

They were mostly law, fiction, or drama books.

Most of them had serious titles. Some were about stories about fake people in real history times. Others seemed like something he'd read.

Death of a Salesman...hmmm..

I knew that some books written by Arthur Miller were plays. I wonder what he would do with plays.

Ultimate Punishment and The Pelican Grief. Psht. Both books about law. Typical of him.

I went to reach for a book and I felt the stepladder sway.

I tried to keep my balance but down I went, right on my bottom.

I held my head, which was hit by the desk, and sniffed.

"Owwwiiieee..." I whimpered.

What's Miles gonna think if he comes in? He's probably gonna think I'm a snooper.

Oh boy...speak of the devil.

Miles rushed in- again- and ran to my side.

"Hey..hey hey hey..what happened?" He said calmly, stroking my head.

I sniffled. "I...I hurt..my head.."

He looked at the stepladder and sighed.

I'm in trouble.

"Just stay put next time, okay? You won't get hurt. I'll get you some ice." He said, surprisingly calmly.

He picked me up and laid me back on the couch.

"Miles!" A female bursted in.

"It's not appropriate to leave in the middle of a conversation!" She grumbled.

Ergh. Migraine.

Edgeworth sighed. "We have guests. It's my métier to make sure they're okay at all times. Von Karma said so."

"Daddy doesn't care about this...vagrant person!" She huffed.

"You can take your leave." He said, giving her a side-eye.

She crossed her arms. "Fine then! Return in 5 minutes! And she's not allowed to stay for dinner. 'Von Karma said so'." She mocked, slamming the door on her way out.

"She's quite the-- sssht! Owie owie owieeee!" I said, my talking being interrupted by pain.

He calmed me down by silently shushing me.

"Stay here. I'm gonna go get some ice and a tea towel."

Somebody loves their tea.

I laid down and waited for his return.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Miles thought it'd be a genius idea to just let me eat breakfast in his study room.

He was right.

He decided to stay with me after my injury. But I knew he was trying to avoid conflict with the Von Karma's.

"Phoenix is probably freaking out." I said, sipping my tea.

"He can learn. Maybe you should give him a ring. Let him know you're okay." Miles said.

"Maybe. But later. My head still hurts."

"What were you doing on the stepladder anyway?"

I blushed. "I...I wanted to see what you were interested in...yknow...books.."