Loving The Bad Boy: Chapter Five

Chapter Status: Edited

Today was the day, the day I have to reunite with Brad. The boy who forced me to do things, who got me in trouble with police and my parents, and the boy who abused me also. My father wasn't the only one who decided to beat me, Brad decided that to. But Brad would do it only when he was high, drunk, or when I didn't do things he wanted me to do. My father beat me everyday.

I walked out of Vince's bathroom, probably looking nervous as fudge. I walked into Vince's room, smiling at Vince as I spotted him laying on his bed, one hand holding his phone while his thumb texted frantically on the phone and the other arm behind his head. His feet were crossed, and let me just say, he looked fine.

"Vince?" My voice came out choked as I said his name quietly.

"What's wrong?" I sat up, turning his phone off and looking at me, his gray eyes full of concern.

"D-Do we have to a-attend this dinner?" I asked, putting my head down.

"I could ask my mom if we could skip, but she probably won't be to happy with that. She has a policy: 'When dinner is set on the table, you come down here and eat. We shall always eat as a family.' But, we could try." Vince was now in front of me, his scent stronger than ever. I looked up, smiling at him. His gray eyes were full of an unknown emotion, and I felt like that emotion should always be there, like it belonged there. But, as all wishes don't come true, the emotion flashed away. We moved away from each other, and just stood there in uncomfortable silence.

"We..." Vince's voice came our raspy and unclear so he cleared his throat. "We should get down stairs and ask my mom."

"Yeah, we should." I walked out first, taking a deep breath in as I hoped that she said yes. Hoped that we weren't to late and Brad wasn't already down stairs. I don't know Brad's parents, he never introduced us, so his parents won't be a problem.

"Vanessa, Vince!" Vince's mother rushed over towards us, enveloping us in a tight hug. "Please, help me set up the table. Brad and his parents will be here any minute."

"Actually, mom, about dinner." Vince swallowed visibly, wiping a little drip of sweat off of his forehead. I looked at him, signaling that I'll do all the talking.

"Vince and I won't be attending dinner this evening, I am truly sorry." I smiled my best at her, my eyes full of sorry. "We...we have our own dinner plans for this evening." I gave her a smile full of sympathy. "Hopefully, you understand."

"Yes, yes of course I understand." She smiled at the two of us. "I believe in young love, very much. And young love is what I see here. Vince and Vanessa, I do allow you to leave and not attend dinner this evening." She rushed us out of the house, handing us our coats. Giving us one last smile, she shut the door.

"Well, that worked out." I looked away, looking at the huge house that Brad apparently lived in now. I looked back at Vince, seeing a shadowy figure behind him. Confusion spreaders across his toned face as he turned around, shrugging as he saw the shadowy figure walk up to us.

"Is this the Kings'?" The familiar husky, low, dangerous voice asked. I stepped back, widening my eyes and gulping loud and clear.

"Yes, this is the Kings'. I suppose you are Brad." Vince questioned, taking sideway glances at me.

"Yes." Brad answered, looking at me and smirking. So, he knew that I would be here. He knew that I knew he was coming for me.

"Brad." My voice was quiet, so quite you almost couldn't hear me say his name.

"Vanessa." His smirk turned into an evil one, letting all the memories that were of him and me, flood into my head.

"You two know each other?" Vince eyes furrowed in confusion and frustration.

"Why, certainly." Brad put a muscular arm around me, smiling. "Vanessa and I go way back."

"Really?" Vince questioned, looking at me for confirmation. I looked at him, as if my eyes could talk, I made a look that said 'Get me out of here.' He understood by sending a wink, then he grabbed my arm softly. "Vanessa and I should get going."

"Why?" Brad glared at me, sending a look that told me that we shall meet again and continue where we left off years ago.

"We have dinner plans." Vince pulled me away, us running together down the road. I stopped, breathing heavily.

"Thanks." I breathed out, taking a seat on a rusted park bench.

"No problem." He looked at me in the eyes. "What was that all about? You know, about Brad and you?"

"I'll tell you soon enough, I'm not ready to tell you or anyone my full story." I looked away, not wanting to stare into his cold gray eyes any longer. I have though about it, about telling Vince my full story.

"I get it." Vince said after a moment of silence. "I've never told anyone my story, until I trusted my friends with my secrets."

-------

Vince and I were talking amongst each other, laughing as he joked around.

I stopped in my track, making Vince stop along. I turned to face him, seeing that Vince was already was already staring at me, the cute crease in his forehead that he gets when he's frustrated or confused was there.

"What's wrong?" Vince asked, taking a step closer to me.

"Brad will come back for me, I just know it." I said, blinking back the tears. "He always does and somehow, he manages to get me to go with him, to love him again and again."

"That won't happen." Vince tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear. "I won't let it." I looked up at him, his gray eyes full of the same emotion he had in them earlier.

"Really?" I asked, smiling.

"Really." He confirmed. There was a moment of silence before he said something that made me freeze. These were his specific words: "Your beautiful." My lips were parted a little and he closed my mouth with his pointer finger.

He leaned in closer as I just stood there, still starstruck. I woken myself up just enough to lean closer with him. I didn't know what I was doing, all I know is that my heart is telling me to do this. But, if I kiss him, he might turn into.a Brad. And if I don't kiss him, I feel like my heart will never forgive me and will be broken.

I was fully surprised when his pink, plush lips were in contact with my chapped lips. It took me a second to kiss back, and as I did, the sparks and fireworks came to me. His lips were much more softer than I thought they would be.

His muscular arms wrapped around my small, petite waist as I ran a hand through his soft hair.

We pulled back breathless, pressing our foreheads with each others.

"I love you, Vanessa." Vince's statement startled me. "I've always have, but never had a way to tell you." He breathed in. "Please tell me you feel the same way."

{Hay!! Sorry I didn't update sooner, busy with stuff. Like school and homework. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. The next chapter will be soon, maybe after school on Monday. As I said, updates will not be noted, I will update randomly}