Chapter 25: Music Mayhem

Emily was sitting on a blanket in a park, waiting for Aiden to come back from the concession stand. 

Earlier, after helping her off his motorcycle, they walked over to a spot near the amphitheater. The ride was scary at first, then exhilarating. He promised to keep her safe, and he did, riding with care and caution. She basked in the feeling of his warm back against her front as she held onto him. 

When they reached a clear area of grass close to the stage, he laid down a soft wool blanket with a plaid waterproof back for her to sit on. He even strapped a picnic basket on the back of his motorcycle and brought it with them. 

While waiting, she opened the basket lying beside her. Looking in, she rifled through the contents, seeing containers of sliced fruits and an unopened bar of chocolate.

"I hope you like watermelon."

Emily's head shot up to see Aiden, holding two bottles of water. He sat down beside her, leaning back on his hands. Placing a bottle next to her, he started pulling out paper plates from the basket.

"I do," she said in awe, pulling out the container of cubed watermelon. She couldn't believe that he had prepared all of this.

He smiled.

"Good."

She pulled out the chocolate bar.

"Chocolate and strawberries too? This is too much."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm a fan of the clichés."

She laughed.

"Did someone help you with this? It's kind of hard to believe a guy like you could do this all on your own."

He laughed back, leaning closer to her.

"And what kind of guy am I?"

She blushed at his closeness.

"You know, you're a player."

"Reformed player," he corrected her. "For you, I'd change anything. And I did all this myself. Only the best for our first date," his voice lowered to a deep whisper.

"Thank you," she whispered in shock of his thoughtfulness.

Leaning down, his planted a chaste kiss on her lips.

"You're welcome."

They ate in comfortable silence

They ate in comfortable silence. Every once in a while, Aiden would grab a strawberry and feed it to Emily. They'd laugh and then she'd do the same for him. They cuddled as they watched the band set up. It was a good thing that they had come early, as space on the grass was filling up. 

As they watched together, they heard whispers behind them. It felt like someone was pulling on the blanket, stepping on it. Aiden looked behind him.