Chapter 18: Friday Night

Friday came all too quickly. Emily stood at her dresser, filing through possible outfits. Her mother didn't know she was going to a party. Once again, she had to lie about her whereabouts. If she had any more sleepovers  her mother would know she was up to something.

Huffing in frustration and falling onto her bed, she heard the doorbell ring. Sitting up, she trudged into the hallway and down the stairs. She was glad her mother was out tonight for a business meeting, or she'd be on baking duty again, not unsuccessfully picking out party clothes from her wardrobe of skirts, leggings, and blouses. They would be acceptable clothes if she didn't look like an ignorant virgin  in them.

"Who is it?" she asked as she opened the door.

A short, warm body came flying at her, pulling her into a hug. She stumbled a bit at the sudden impact.

"It's Ross," the girl screamed.

Looking over Ross' shoulder, she saw Axel smiling at her and holding a hanger with a black garb draped over a hidden piece of clothing. His other hand held a pair of sparkly silver heels.

"We thought you might need some clothes."

Ross nodded excitedly.

"I've been waiting to try these out once Tristan got off my case. But, I'm not waiting anymore. Tristan can shove off. And we'll be together!"

She jumped up and down in Emily's arms.

Smiling at her friends, she invited them inside.

"I don't know about this..."

Emily hesitated walking into the house. Ross and Axel pulled her arms, dragging her inside.

Stumbling in, she searched the area, noticing people stop their conversations to watch her. She held onto the black garb wrapped around her body. 

Collecting herself, she thought of Aiden's words. An Ignorant Virgin. An Intolerable Fool.  She would show him. Determination pumped through her blood, her heart beating wildly in her chest. She was sure she could hear her heartbeat in her ears, but it might have been the thumping of the music.

Catching eyes with Aiden, who stood in the middle of the room with a beer in his hand, she bit her lip and let the silk garb slide off her body. It hit the floor, and so did everyone's jaws.

Aiden held eye contact with Emily, but the crowd gazed up and down her body, some whistling. Their eyes scanned over the shiny stilettos accentuating her calves, up to the lacy pink dress barely covering her essentials. She had to stand up straight for the dress to cover her bum, but sadly, that only pushed her breasts out more. She was starting to understand why her mother always forced her to stand up straight. It was proving helpful now, even though this was not the circumstance her mother would deem appropriate.

Makeup dazzled her face. The light eyeshadow matched the color of her dress. A blush covered her cheeks. Ross said she wouldn't make her look like a whore, but that didn't lessen her feeling of discomfort. She wasn't herself. Still, that seemed to be the point in all of this.

Aiden never released her from his hard stare. Shoving the beer can at his friend, he stomped over to Emily.

"What the hell are you doing?" he yelled at her.

She was at a loss for words, watching him with wide eyes. He roughly grabbed the flowy bottom of her dress, tugging it down. This only caused her breasts to pop out more. He noticed this, growling angrily, and bent down. The catcalls hadn't stopped. Now the vulgar words they were saying included Aiden. He grabbed the silk garb from the floor and stood back up, pulling it over her. He held onto the fabric to keep her from letting it fall again.

"This is the new her," Ross called out.

He glared at her, then looked back at Emily.

"Are you doing this cause Axel doesn't need you anymore? Is this the way you find a new guy?" he questioned furiously, tightening his grip on the fabric.

"I'm not so innocent," she replied heatedly, finding her voice. 

He searched her face, trying to find an answer to her absurd behavior.

"You are," he growled back.

She gasped, glaring wildly at him. He bent down again, wrapping one arm around the back of her knees and the other on her upper back, lifting her up bridal style. She screamed, pushing against his chest.

Carrying her off, the crowd cheered, others kept catcalling, and some booed at the loss of exposed skin. Ross and Axel looked at each other with wide eyes.

"What just happened?"